I was banned for two weeks and I "fear" the reason why.

• Thread starter Deleted member 13524
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm late to the party, but what Rodéric wants is something I've mentioned a couple of times recently - discussion, certainly in the technical fora, is generally about disseminating news or asking and answering a question. If people are just posting opinions, you have something of a blog and comments section. There's only so much intelligent discussion that can be had around subjective opinions of what people like or not before the debate is exhausted.

I'm not at all against the opinion sharing, up until it becomes cyclic and one wonders why people feel the need to repeat the same view ad nauseum. Within the game threads, we mostly have opinion based discussion about what we do and don't like about the games.

As for the topic, no-one but Brit and AlNet can speak for their actions, but moderating during silly season, and especially live conferences, has to be more heavy-handed and err more of the side of caution. If you don't nip trouble in the bud during a live conference thread, responses and arguments can appear faster than you can remove them, and the thread is ruined. Brit did an amazing job over those conferences as lazy, good-for-nothing me used the middle of the night as an excuse to sleep, and the cost to him in man-hours is probably completely lost on the populace here. That's not an excuse, and I'm not saying you (ToTTenTranz) shouldn't be confused or upset, but it is an explanation and I think one has to learn not to take it personally but to understand infractions flying thick and fast are sometimes part of being on a heavily moderated forum. The infractions really don't mean anything in the long run - they're mostly there so if someone has accrued too many too quickly, they start to stand out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back