I reworked my speaker setup

K.I.L.E.R

Retarded moron
Veteran
I stuck my speakers on my bed. and covered their backs with pillows. They are aimed through my windows to piss off my bloody neighbours for no apparent reason. I'm just looking for attention. How would I best direct the sound so it doesn't deafen me or cause hearing loss?

you could get some form of composite board, similar to what the cabinets are build out of, and go get a cheap comforter from like the Salvation Army or similar (i mean CHEAP, just bulky, who cares if its stained or ripped or whatever) and cut it apart, sew closed the new oopenings, and stable it to one side of these boards

then put those like ears on the speakers, line up one edge with the front edge of the spaeker enclosure

should provide some sound dampening

you could also use a matress (just a matress)
or real speaker insulation

or you could be really really dark, and custom build your own speakers, but don't install woofers, just like 5000W of 20,000hz - ~14,000hz horns/tweeters (yes, it would sound godawful) put it up on a big arm outside your house

then follow this guide:
http://www.rabidhardware.net/index.php?id=42
to save your hearing

then get some music that would sound positively horrible on your new speaker array
some starting ideas:
Brittney Spears
Madonna
anything related to children's music

turn it up as loud as you can go

if your neighbors aren't calling the police inside of 20 minutes i'd be concerned

You're going to do it, right? Because I'll visit you in prison. Honest.

Just turn it up all the way and use earplugs to save your ears. Oh, and nice greetings to Bubba in cell 8b, he's gonna like you :devilish:

Back