I hate my job

And if he answers that question, this thread heads to RPSC.

So please don't do that to the OP, as that would be unkind.

How about breaking it in half? There's a pretty clear line now with those trying to help the OP and those who want to dicuss other things.

I've been "between jobs" since '99 CC, when me and my wife swapped roles.

She became the bread winner, I became the domestic unit. I'm a stay-at-home Dad. :cool:

oh? interesting. im an all in one unit. washer/dryer. self contained. portable. luxurious, yet economical, spacious, yet compact, sophisticated, yet easy to use, fun for the entire family. a wonder to behold!

I can't say that I hate my job. However, I can safely say that I'm almost completely apathetic to it now, you can only spend so many years fixing the same old problems until it begins to grind.

Unfortunately, what I really want to do with my life won't earn me any money... Yet.

I've been working for the same company longer than some of you guys have been alive. :p

can't say that I hate my job. However, I can safely say that I'm almost completely apathetic to it now, you can only spend so many years fixing the same old problems until it begins to grind.

i've learned to appreciate that 'state'. competent routine. (you've solved pretty much all the situations that arise due to the people around you, no surprises, just set em up, and knock em down).

hopefully that doesn't further evolve into a grind. i realize the necessity of work, however i get my 'fullfillment' (im a nonmainstream libertarian you know) elsewhere. like a tradeoff. no expectations from those that employ me other than paycheck. and 'they' have come to accept 'me' (so far...9 years) as an affable guy who refuses to come to office 'parties' or participate in ridiculous 'team building' exercises, yet is still a 'team player' ONLY where it counts.

Got a rather promising looking interview next week. Time to turn on that high Charisma trait I was born with.

Dude, getting caught laying pipe on the HR lady across her desk is not necessarily helpful in landing the job. :D

Good luck tho!

back on topic, I think one of the things you might try doing is getting to know your co-workers better. It might improve your work time.

epic

That's the tough thing, we're in an annexed office and it's hard to find time to get to know the other co-workers. The bad thing is, is that I sit next to my supervisor all day and he's really smart at what he does, he's just a very VERY dumb person. If that makes any sense? He whines all the time. But anyway, I'm just sucking it up for the interim and keeping my eye's peeled for a new place to work.

That's the tough thing, we're in an annexed office and it's hard to find time to get to know the other co-workers. The bad thing is, is that I sit next to my supervisor all day and he's really smart at what he does, he's just a very VERY dumb person. If that makes any sense? He whines all the time. But anyway, I'm just sucking it up for the interim and keeping my eye's peeled for a new place to work.

Some companies let you move around within the company too. You probably don't want to do that right away, but if it's more a problem with your supervisor than your other coworkers it might not be a bad way to go.

Nite_Hawk

Back