I found this awesome Turkish sauce, it's so yummy...!

Holy thread resurrection, batman! :LOL:

Tried out a brand of imported Spanish Chorizo Fresco sausages today. O...M...F...G...!

Absolutely stunning sausages. Holy smokes, so tasty!

It's very very hard to find sausages like that here in Sweden, almost all our sausages are of the hot dog variety, finely ground, pre-cooked and filled out with potato flour, potato or pea fibers or other bulk material. Sometimes the meat contents can be less than 40%. These sausages have 104% meat in them. :D (Of course, seeing as 42% is fat, not all of the meat is actual muscle tissue, but at least it came from a pig and not some damn plant!)

The flavor is a little tangy, and is enrichened by spices like nutmeg, garlic and oregano. The texture is amazingly meaty and filling, and the saltiness is just right too. I bought two packs of these of 300g each, and one's still in my fridge. My mouth is salivating already for when I get to eat them! Om nom nom nom...

Is it 'Del Monte' Spanish sausages?

Theres also another brand that I love that has ~~42% fat.The sausages where redish in color but did not have oregano or garlic but I am sure they came in such variation. Really a blast to grill them and have the fat just drip down on charcoal and bring the flames up.

But best sausages i've eaten is a brand from Italia (forgot brand name) and they where amazing. Garlic and different spices, lots of meat, perfect texture and concistency and about 20% fat while having nearly 20% protein!

I've no idea what the original brand is, it's OEM sassiges re-badged by a Swedish import company. :D

20% protein... Damn. Were they dried?

Hey I live in Sweden so it might just be same brand we have eaten though perhaps not Del Monte one. :)

Nah the Italian sausages where some of the juicest ones I've ever eaten though they where quite compressed and meaty though very juicy. Someday I'll find it in the stores as I only remember the package colors and seems to be rare import product.

I tasted an olive once, never again

you tried wasabi paste?

Whenever I have a cold I stuff teaspoon in my mouth to refresh my mind and then eat some olives. Try it, it really is great and refreshing.

Last edited by a moderator:
They're barely red at all, the "peel" is more like armor, they taste like sour water and have hardly any aroma whatsoever.

Tomatoes from the mediterranean region = divine. The difference is so profound you can't believe it's supposed to be from the same plant.
I don't know if it's the region or just the way that they're picked/stored. We have a giant 50'x60' vegetable garden back home (well, giant considering that it's in the city), and homegrown tomatoes taste nothing like the stuff you buy at stores.

They taste so good that I wolf them down like grapes, and IMO they show by far the biggest difference in taste of all the many things we've tried growing at home. In our first year, we didn't really know what we were doing, so we planted a bunch of tomato plants and wound up harvesting around 400lbs for the year!

Chorizo sausages are good, but if you can find some good Portugese Linguica/Linguisa sausages. Mmmmm, those are my favorite by far. I like to slice them up, fry them and just eat them with rice and vegetables.

Regards,
SB

I don't know if it's the region or just the way that they're picked/stored.
It's certainly the way they're bred. They've been forcibly de-evolved to be easy to transport and last while in stores. Also, the way they're picked. They're not left on the plant until fully ripe, as then they wouldn't last the trip from the Netherlands to...wherever.

Oooh yummers, chorizo sausage!

Its an incredibly cheap and tasty sausage here in the UK. 150g of sausage for £2.00.

My favourite recipe is to pan fry chunks of chorizo until just crisp and then add finely sliced spanish onion and a large glass of nice red wine, such as Rioja, not forgetting to reduce until sticky. Serve with crusty bread and another large glass of wine.

If you can get it you should try 'Revilla Chorizo de Pueblo'. It contains pork belly meat and fat cured with aforementioned Spanish spices and lashings of hot paprika... and salt.

... I am salivating so much right now!

Real men use Pure Cap on their food. Real manly men use it as eye drops.

I am not a real man, and nothing near a real manly man. :(

It's very very hard to find sausages like that here in Sweden, almost all our sausages are of the hot dog variety, finely ground, pre-cooked and filled out with potato flour, potato or pea fibers or other bulk material. Sometimes the meat contents can be less than 40%. These sausages have 104% meat in them. :D (Of course, seeing as 42% is fat, not all of the meat is actual muscle tissue, but at least it came from a pig and not some damn plant!)

I wonder if the apparent rubbish-ness of Swedish sausages is a Scandinavia-wide problem?

My elder sister lived in Finland* for many years and she commented how impossible it was to get a decent-tasting sausage there (no double entendres here, please) and when her Finnish boyfriend visited the UK he insisted on eating our local Lincolnshire sausages for breakfast every day because he liked them so much! In fact, I once had to 'smuggle' about 5 pounds of frozen Lincolnshire sausages into Finland in the suitcase when visiting my sister!

I also have some English friends who live in Gothenburg and they complain that the Swedish sausages are poor.

As for Chorizo, I'm a fan as it is an excellent ingredient for cooking but I find it can be a little too powerful to eat on its own. For me, it's the ingredient which really makes a Paella work. Interestingly enough, for tea tonight I'm eating Chilli con Carne with added Chorizo! Yum Yum. :p

(* OK, Scandinavia-ish)

Real men use Pure Cap on their food. Real manly men use it as eye drops.

I am not a real man, and nothing near a real manly man. :(

That stuff is pure concentrated EVIL!:devilish:

Once upon a time one of my dear friends had enough of me 'borrowing' his chocolate bars from his fridge so he injected some of that stuff into a Mars bar. Guess what idiot picked it up and munched half of it before realising something was amiss?

I cannot explain how painful it was... really I was a complete mess for over an hour. I couldn't see for the tears and I couldn't concentrate because of the intense pain flowing through my entire face. Kinda funny to reminisce, but I learned a valuable lesson that day.

Never really liked Mars bars anyway...:rolleyes:

I wonder if the apparent rubbish-ness of Swedish sausages is a Scandinavia-wide problem?

My elder sister lived in Finland* for many years and she commented how impossible it was to get a decent-tasting sausage there (no double entendres here, please) and when her Finnish boyfriend visited the UK he insisted on eating our local Lincolnshire sausages for breakfast every day because he liked them so much! In fact, I once had to 'smuggle' about 5 pounds of frozen Lincolnshire sausages into Finland in the suitcase when visiting my sister!

I also have some English friends who live in Gothenburg and they complain that the Swedish sausages are poor.

As for Chorizo, I'm a fan as it is an excellent ingredient for cooking but I find it can be a little too powerful to eat on its own. For me, it's the ingredient which really makes a Paella work. Interestingly enough, for tea tonight I'm eating Chilli con Carne with added Chorizo! Yum Yum. :p

(* OK, Scandinavia-ish)

Nice! Nigella Lawson recipe per chance?

That stuff is pure concentrated EVIL!:devilish:

Once upon a time one of my dear friends had enough of me 'borrowing' his chocolate bars from his fridge so he injected some of that stuff into a Mars bar. Guess what idiot picked it up and munched half of it before realising something was amiss?

I cannot explain how painful it was... really I was a complete mess for over an hour. I couldn't see for the tears and I couldn't concentrate because of the intense pain flowing through my entire face. Kinda funny to reminisce, but I learned a valuable lesson that day.

Never really liked Mars bars anyway...:rolleyes:
Cold milk or ice cream is the best remedy. Water. Does. Not. Work.

Nice! Nigella Lawson recipe per chance?

I picked up the recipe from a blog somewhere (and have modified it slightly) but it may be related to Nigella's recipe. It has some chocolate in there, too. I definitely recommend using shin of beef in your Chilli, too - very cheap and exceedingly meaty so perfect in a stewed dish.

Incidentally, though not a cake fan per se (or a Nigella fan, for that matter), Nigella's Guinness Chocolate cake and Sticky Gingerbread recipes are very, very good. Cooked 'em both over Christmas! :smile:

Cold milk or ice cream is the best remedy. Water. Does. Not. Work.

Yeah, Capsaicin isn't water soluble so water doesn't help much.

Eating bread can help, I'm told. It doesn't really counter the heat, but absorbs the capsaicin and anything which gets it out of your mouth is a good thing!

Hottest thing I ever ate was a Naga Jolokia chilli - I'd actually made some pickled onions using some dried Naga chillies but (after quite a number of beers), I accepted the dare to eat one of the dried chillies.

Needless to say, I found myself sitting on the toilet with cold sweats about 10 minutes later and needed to go to bed for a couple of hours before I felt human again! Not recommended at all. :devilish:

I picked up the recipe from a blog somewhere (and have modified it slightly) but it may be related to Nigella's recipe. It has some chocolate in there, too. I definitely recommend using shin of beef in your Chilli, too - very cheap and exceedingly meaty so perfect in a stewed dish.

Incidentally, though not a cake fan per se (or a Nigella fan, for that matter), Nigella's Guinness Chocolate cake and Sticky Gingerbread recipes are very, very good. Cooked 'em both over Christmas! :smile:

Use shin of beef and add a couple oxtails during cooking for a more luxurious buttery finish.

Not a fan of Nigella either, but I downloaded her chili recipe and modified it further. I have some Venezeulan Black cacao solid that I grate into it near the end of a long slow cook. The chorizo and cacao add an adult finish to an often bastardised recipe.

It is, if we are talking domestic 'industrial' (sold in large numbers) sausage products. They are generally better suited for cat food.
However, there are small local producers who make better stuff; those products are not sold on your average market, but saying that it is impossible to find good sausage just reveals you haven't really tried.

It is, if we are talking domestic 'industrial' (sold in large numbers) sausage products. They are generally better suited for cat food.
However, there are small local producers who make better stuff; those products are not sold on your average market, but saying that it is impossible to find good sausage just reveals you haven't really tried.

Yes. The mass market sausages in Sweden generally are lackluster and might even uppset stomach for their shitty content. Some are good though being rich in meat and good tasting but they often dont match the foreign sausages they try to mimick in taste and quality. 'Falukorv' being some of the worst and barely any good version from any brand.

Now sausges from many small local producers is another story. here we find high quality sausages that rivals the quality of chorizos from Spain, South America aswell as Italia. Delicious is the right word.

BEST friggin' doughnuts made anywhere in the whole world, no contest:
http://maps.google.se/maps?rlz=1T4G...ked+sarpsborg&um=1&ie=UTF-8&sa=N&hl=sv&tab=wl

Made and sold from a small white vending trailer right outside the main entrance. They're absolutely delicious, crispy on the outside, fluffy on the inside. Too bad it's like three hours travel-time there from where I live, if not more...

I guess there aren't any proud Norwegians here on the forum who can back me up on this assertion, but it's still true. These doughnuts OWN.

Friggin' expensive, though. But then again, in Norway, everything is.

So how do they compare to Swedish meatballs Grall?

Anyway if you were like an awesome person you would buy about 3000 of them and bring them to Johan aka Repi because that way you can be the first person here to play BF3 who isn't under an NDA not to talk about it because NDA sounds suspiciously like No Donut Agreement.

Back