I found this awesome Turkish sauce, it's so yummy...!

Canned olives are nothing like the fresh ones you can buy in deli stores and the like. Especially the huge, green ones, those are truly awesome.

Love the fresh green ones that also have parika bits in the middle and delicious spices and olive oil.

Thread necro! :D

Speaking of delicious spices, I just finished a mammoth cooking session which should only have been mastodont-sized, but since I mistakenly bought 1.6kg of ground beef (thinking it was 1kg) I had to make WAY more food than intended...

The delicious spices came in the form of Patak's Tikka Masala sauce. Amazingly wonderful-tasting stuff! Creamy texture and really nice spicy taste, with just a hint of tanginess. You know the real stuff is in it coz there's some coarse-ground bits of seeds and whatnot in there, it doesn't detract from the enjoyment of the sauce, but rather brings authenticity to it.

So I cheated, as I usually do when cooking, I boiled some taglione pasta and fried up the beef, and mixed with the sauce in a pan. Then portioned up the stuff, and froze 3/4 of it using some nice Dutch (or maybe Belgian, I forget) hermetically sealed plastic food containers I bought the other week. The result was quite delicious, but could have used more salt. A result, no doubt, by the fact I had way more beef on my hands than anticipated...

This sauce will undoubtedly visit my kitchen again, that's for sure.

Don't have a kitchen scales, or any scales actually to weigh anything. :D Just never had a need for it. All recipes I use use measures of volume...

Back