I found this awesome Turkish sauce, it's so yummy...!

Grall

Invisible Member
Legend
It's made with hot peppers and sliced green olives and spices - but only the flesh of the pepper fruits, not the seeds, so it's not really all that hot. It's just hot enough to create a tingly sensation on the tongue - delightful! And it has the most amazingly strong olive taste, the combined effect is absolutely delectably delicious. I've used it in a bolognese I made with ground beef and an italian tomato and olive sauce. It added a lot of flavor.

The sauce is sold in fairly small glass bottles by this older Turkish immigrant guy who runs a fruit and vegetables store at a square one bus stop away from where I live. He's a very colorful character, very polite, and likes to talk with his customers. He has lots of other goodly stuff too, roasted salted almonds, brazil nuts, sweet, juicy fresh Iranian dates, fabulous gigantic Spanish navel oranges during wintertime etc...

There's so much awesome foreign food available in our stores now these days that we have immigrants to thank for, spicing up my motherland's otherwise fairly bland cuisine. Now I can get Lebanese fig marmalade in the local supermarket for example, tastes sensational with yoghurt/sour milk. Wouldn't have been possible just ten years ago...

Yep, it gives variation and it is exciting to taste food, ingredients etc from different cultures. I tend to like South American and Eastern juices becouse they are made with exotic fruits and contains near 100% pure fruit juice/meat.

Never seen white olives... What's particular about them?

And as for other kinds, if just eating them I prefer green, fat ones. YUMMY juicy! :)

its not juice its oil, would you drink vegetable oil ?

I sip a spoon of olive oil (only the ones with splendid smooth taste) from time to time, it is healthy. You should see me I look like a tank.

EDIT: White olives are rare and very expensive.

Last edited by a moderator:
its not juice its oil, would you drink vegetable oil ?
Do you drink non-vegetable oil :oops:

Seriously tho, olive oil (usually called zehtin in south-eatern Europe) is much better for health than one from sunflowers
almost all salads made with zehtin are more tasty too, sunflower oil is more "heavy"
Zehtin + white cheese + cucumbers + tomatoes (not the ones used for playing tennis, which are usually sold in USA&Western Europe :LOL:) ... delicious.

tomatoes (not the ones used for playing tennis, which are usually sold in USA&Western Europe :LOL:)
Aye! Our tomatoes are TERRIBLE!

They're barely red at all, the "peel" is more like armor, they taste like sour water and have hardly any aroma whatsoever.

Tomatoes from the mediterranean region = divine. The difference is so profound you can't believe it's supposed to be from the same plant.

"Greek" salad is incredible. Tomatoes, feta cheese, black olives, all kinds of goodliness.

Indeed it has! It's called "Aci soslu Yesil Zeytin", made by Ece (website: eceolives.com; hope you can read turkish lol! Only fragments of the website is available in english, and I can't find this sauce there. Maybe you have better luck.)

German name: "Ece Grüne Oliven mit scharfe Sosse" ("Green olives with hot sauce").

Indeed it has! It's called "Aci soslu Yesil Zeytin", made by Ece (website: eceolives.com; hope you can read turkish lol! Only fragments of the website is available in english, and I can't find this sauce there. Maybe you have better luck.)

German name: "Ece Grüne Oliven mit scharfe Sosse" ("Green olives with hot sauce").
Here's the link ; [ http://www.eceolives.com/urunler-zeytin.php?urunid=41&kat=11 ].

They have an online store but they don't ship overseas. If you want to contact them, try this link.

By the way its price is ~$1.6 .

Thanks Jardel.

The turks are lucky with having lots of yummy foods, kebab, yoghurt, all kinds of great stuff! :) Their figs are great too! Very sweet and tasty.

There's this bakery at the very southern edge of my city run by immigrants where they make Persian flatbread. It's so delicious, the dough is drawn out in lengths and folded and stuff I think, to activate the gluten in the dough, making for a very chewy, but also fluffy end result. They sprinkle sesame seeds on top, before baking the lengths in the oven, and the scent when you walk inside their bakery is just...heavenly. It can't be described!

This bread, plus genuine, soft butter, a good hard, mature cheese, and a cup of hot freshly brewed tea... Oh my. :D I like Kvibilie Cheddar, Svecia or Wästerbotten cheese myself. Too bad though this bakery is so far away from where I live. It's like a three hour walk easily, meh. Oh, I can take the bus and trams too, but it's still a lot of work getting there... :(

I've ordered two sourdough breads spiced with fennel seeds for tuesday next week from a small catering/bakery place, and I'm already salivating. They make the most amazing bread there, expensive as hell though, and a bit off the beaten path so to speak, at least for me.

This will be so yummy and nice, hehehe....!

Back