I don't know what music to listen to anymore

[Brick_top] said:
As of the last couple of years I gradually stoped enjoying the music I was used to listen and can't find any new music that I like. Has this happened to some of you?

I used to listen to things like: Nirvana, Guns n' Roses, Pearl jam, Phil collins, Pink floyd, James, Dire straits, Steve vai, and a lot of others. Do anyone else find it a bit strange that I can't listen to any of them anymore? the same happens with every other group I listen to, maybe I like some part of some music but there is allways something that turns me off.

Thanks. :)

If you can still handle rock; http://www.nightwish.com

Lacuna Coil > Nightwish. Though vastly different, the female (and male for that matter) vocals in Lacuna Coil are light years ahead of Nightwish, IMO.

Ty said:
I don't know if what I sometimes listen to is considered Hindi but it's fun - generally catch it sometimes on some Asia station. I forgot the word for "dance" or "celebration" but it's that kind of stuff. Bangkha? No, I forgot the proper term.

Drives my wife crazy tho.

Bhangra...and it is quite fun to listen to when driving at least.

Check out some Sasha, Deep Dish, Paul van Dyke, Oakenfold, John Digweed, Sander Kleinenberg, Dres, Steve Porter, James Holden, Prodigy, Ozgur Can, Timo Maas, Luke Chabel, Max Graham and Tilt for starters. Great stuff. IF you are into progressive.

Ty said:
I don't know if what I sometimes listen to is considered Hindi but it's fun - generally catch it sometimes on some Asia station. I forgot the word for "dance" or "celebration" but it's that kind of stuff. Bangkha? No, I forgot the proper term.

Drives my wife crazy tho.

It is called "Bhangra". It is actually Punjabi (from Punjab state of India) music but is widely used in Hindi Film Industry aka Bollywood.

I always wonder why songs/dance disappeared from Hollywood movies, old Hollywood movies had quite lot of them. And how is the scene in other films like in European/South- East Asian/Latin, do they still have songs and dance?

Hmm, If you like Pink Floyd and progressive music, I would suggest Dream Theatre.
If you like Steve Vai have you tried Satriani?
I would 2nd Nightwish, havent listened to Lacuna Coil, but I have heard they are good as well.
Maybe try some Tiamat, Theatre of Tragedy, Moonspell, The Gathering, Apocalyptica. Hmm Blind Guardian could be good as well.

Not sure how hard your tastes run, otherwise I would say early Amorphis, Covenant, Children of Bodom.

Back