The Barts based cards should be named

• Radeon 67XX series

Votes: 30 71.4%
  • Radeon 68XX series

Votes: 12 28.6%

• Total voters

psolord

Regular
There has been a lot of talk about the name of the cards, that will be equipped with the upcoming Barts chip from AMD. Actually the talk is equal for both Cayman and Barts since one affects the other, but since the Barts will be launched first (as the rumors suggest) I decided to focus the thread on that.

In any case, people that will vote Barts as 67XX will quite likely want the Cayman as the 68XX and people that vote Barts as a 68XX, will want the Cayman as 69XX.

Sorry, but only two options will be available. 67XX and 68XX. There will be no "I don't care as long as the performance/price is right" or "6770 for Barts Pro and 6850 for Barts XT " options. I'd like to extract straightforward results from this poll.

PS If it's not too much trouble, please mr moderator sir, change the thread title to "How would you name the upcoming Barts based cards?"

The point is kind of moot without knowing how fast it is… But thank you for taking this out of the main thread!

what ?! why no "who cares" option ? as long as it's not simply a renamed Juniper/Cypress they could call it "Kowabunga Dude" if the price is right and performance meets the price then who really cares ? Now IF it was a reworked Juniper/Cypress (akin to RV790 was to the RV770) and labeled Radeon 6700/6800 then ok I'd give a rat's ass.

How would I name it depends on actual market position. But how will it be named is more or less obvious.

I would name it "get off your high horse," or "get your panties in a bunch." Both of which comes to mind reading the other thread.

You are asking us what we would like to name Barts and then restrain our choices to two things you have picked?

That's a bit unfair ;)

It shouldn't matter, as long as it performs.

...I wouldn't be that impolite. I would say its informative value is quite comparable to your post.

I wouldn't disagree with that statement. I carefully crafted the informativeness of my post to suit the perceived context.

I'm going completely silly on this. I vote for everything that is out is currently misinformation. Such as, Antilles is actually a single chip solution. :D Which if that is the case, then I'll go with 66xx for Barts and 67xx for Cayman and 68xx for Antilles and 69xx for dual Antilles/Cayman. :D

Completely unrealistic, but meh, there's just too much misinformation floating around.

Regards,
SB

Back