How to use a HDMI cable with X360 stereo HD component cable?

I'm having some similar issues. My LCD computer monitor does not have an audio out, so I have to buy either the HDMI or VGA MS cable to get sound out of my receiver. Currently playing through these tiny built in speakers and holy cow is it weak.

If you have a unit that reboots with both connected, apparently you need to cut the black wire that's bridging two pins together on the A/V cable. Have not tried this myself. http://forums.xbox-scene.com/index.php?showtopic=627970

According to post #25 cutting that jumper also disables digital audio. The solution seems to be to not cut that jumper and add another jumper to another set of pins. I guess I'll have to add a jumper to pins 22/24 on the VGA cable to solve the rebooting while still retaining optical output or was that HDMI audio output? I guess this is why the optical on the VGA cable does not work when used with a HDMI cable like DeanoC stated?

I'm debating whether or not I want to solder/jumper those two pins together as it might cause a short or something and fry my X360. :???:

Here's the pin diagram for the various cables.

xbox360cablewiring.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Back