How to deal with fanboy-syndrome

Without an alternative no, where is the leverage?
The leverage would be that without EA on - for example - steam, valve would make a lot less money due to EA's size and popular games franchises.

Besides, you negotiate with one publisher, you set a new baseline, a and every other publisher will want a similar deal.
Unless you contractually sign to keep the details confidential.

The leverage would be that without EA on - for example - steam, valve would make a lot less money due to EA's size and popular games franchises.

Unless you contractually sign to keep the details confidential.

Trust me there is no such thing as confidential when more than a handful of people are involved. People have friends, they change jobs, they talk to their spouses who have friends who talk to their spouses....

What your suggesting only works if Valve feel they need EA, and given Steam is pretty much a license to print money, I'm pretty sure Gabe has no interest in compromising to get EA game a on Steam.
And EA has no interest in paying valve 30% because it would probably end up being a net loss in online revenue.

Trust me there is no such thing as confidential when more than a handful of people are involved.
Yeah, I guess non-disclosure and confidentiality agreements aren't worth the paper they're printed on...hence Edward Snowden and so on. ;)

I'm pretty sure Gabe has no interest in compromising to get EA game a on Steam.
That's not what Gaben said around the time when EA first pulled crysis 2 off of steam, but he's a suit (even though he doesn't wear one), so one shouldn't necessarily take his words verbatim...

And EA has no interest in paying valve 30% because it would probably end up being a net loss in online revenue.
Steam is far bigger than origin, so I wouldn't be so sure about that. Anyhow, some money is better than no money, yes? And they're definitely not going to get any money from me until they go back onto steam. That's a fact, I just can't be bothered running several DRM management clients, keeping track of multiple accounts, passwords and the like when it gives me no benefit. Origin just does what steam already does, although slightly differently (and does it still snoop through users' harddrives? One big reason I've opted to stay away from that shit in the past.)

Origin just does what steam already does, although slightly differently (and does it still snoop through users' harddrives? One big reason I've opted to stay away from that shit in the past.)
Origin's EULA still doesn't limit itself to only games related to Origin, and instead includes a very broad statement that it may collect information about software use. However, I've not seen any confirmation yet that they actually do any data collection beyond the games which can be played through Origin Have you seen anything?

Back