How long can you work 100 hour weeks before it get unhealthy

Link to one of those reliable things please.

Look dude this is ancient stuff. I think it was mentioned in several news channels over cable, in msnbc, and cnn articles back in the day, and probably a few other places.

It is said that even special coffins were and are being made with buttons to indicate if you're alive.

One may google "buried alive"

Here's the wikipedia entry

When various of the major US networks mention this, and when the newscasters even show coffins being built, either it is a very elaborate hoax or there's something to it.

Though I've never looked into it, mythbusters or snopes probably dealt with.

edit snopes link

Last edited by a moderator:
Look dude this is ancient stuff. I think it was mentioned in several news channels over cable, in msnbc, and cnn articles back in the day, and probably a few other places.
So it only happened in the "old" times and not any longer?
It is said that even special coffins were and are being made with buttons to indicate if you're alive.
There have been smart guys taking advantage of the stupid ones all the time, nothing new here. Just take a look at stuff like homeopathy where people are buying plain water and sugar pills for ludricous prices and same effects as placebo. Exact same thing here.
Yes, and did you actually read anything written there? There was just two (somewhat questionable) examples and both rather old where people were, to but it bluntly, pretty much clueless about deciding if someone is alive or not.
When various of the major US networks mention this, and when the newscasters even show coffins being built, either it is a very elaborate hoax or there's something to it.
It's not hoax in the usual sense, just they have nothing better to show and thus do anything to get views. Same thing as with UFOs, bigfoot etc.

But this has appeared in reliable news sites and sources for decades. So I do wonder how it was perpetuated if there is nothing to it.
These types of stories are typically of the anecdotal, sensationalist tabloid variety, with what I would characterize as low or very low credibility. Like I said, if it happens at all, chances are high that either instrument failure and/or human error was involved (the latter typically far more common in most situations.)

What''s worse is that they in some places give you a drug called versed that blocks long term memory for some individuals, so you may be consciously immobile and in pain and you won't recall it after the surgery is over you'll never know you were tortured for hours.
Is that really worse, though? I don't know about you, but I would much rather NOT remember something like that - and I've suffered repeated episodes of waking up to full consciousness at night, while unable to either move or breathe; very very disconcerting I can tell you.

What''s worse is that they in some places give you a drug called versed that blocks long term memory for some individuals, so you may be consciously immobile and in pain and you won't recall it after the surgery is over you'll never know you were tortured for hours.
I don't think that's bad in principle, it's better than the alternative right?

That said, the rise of these kind of drugs in things like dentistry is because of the stupid drug war on opiates ... which are the absolute unrivaled shit for pain suppression.

I don't think that's bad in principle, it's better than the alternative right?

That said, the rise of these kind of drugs in things like dentistry is because of the stupid drug war on opiates ... which are the absolute unrivaled shit for pain suppression.

opiates dont stop severe toothache

KRxV3.jpg

Back