How is weather at your place?

Deepak

B3D Yoddha
Veteran
North India is sizzling right now....:devilish:

Link

CHANDIGARH: Haryana's Hissar city on Sunday recorded the highest temperature in the north Indian states of Punjab and Haryana with the mercury touching 47 degrees Celsius.

The temperature was six degrees above normal, weather officials at the meteorological office here said.

The Sikh holy city of Amritsar was the hottest place in Punjab with the temperature at a sizzling 44.5 degrees Celsius.

Karnal in Haryana recorded 43 degrees while Ambala was lower at 39.8. Ludhiana and Patiala in Punjab recorded 42.8 degrees and 42.5 respectively.

Power cuts at most places in both the states made life miserable for people.

Chandigarh's maximum temperature was 40.4 degrees Celsius, 1.6 degrees less than Saturday but four degrees above normal.

Hill station Shimla was cooler than the plains and recorded a maximum of 28.5 degrees Sunday.

Weather officials said that the heat wave conditions would continue till Tuesday. The temperatures recorded at all places Sunday were five to six degrees above normal.

Three more persons have died in Uttar Pradesh due to severe heat wave conditions with the mercury hovering around 40 degrees Celsius in parts of the state.

With the deaths of three more persons since yesterday the toll has gone up to ten in the state.

Agra remained the hottest place in the state at 45 degrees Celsius, while temperatures at several places hovered around 40 degrees Celsius, the weather office said. One person each died of heat in Auraiya, Chitrakoot and Lalitpur districts, according to reports reaching here.

Residents of the national capital continued to bear the brunt of blistering heatwave conditions with the mercury crossing 44 degrees Celsius for the second straight day this summer.

People preferred to stay indoors despite being a holiday. But freqeuent power outages compounded their problems, which are bound to increase with the Meteorological Department here forecasting a similar situation in the days to come.

The maximum temperature of the day was recorded at 44.4 degrees Celsius, four degrees above normal during this time of the season, but registered a nominal dip from yesterday's scorching 44.5, the Met Department said.

Today's maximum temperature was the second highest in last five years on the same day. The minimum temperature was 25.7 degrees Celsius, one degree above normal.

Severe heatwave conditions prevailing across north India are likely to continue for the next couple of days and the maximum was temperature would hover around 44 degrees celsius, they said.

Some areas in the national capital were expected to be hit by dust storms and thunder showers, they added.

Imagine today I had to go to my motorcycle workshop for regular maintenance checkup at 1 pm in afternoon. It was boiling.

BTW, my sis is leaving for Minnesota (Minneapolis) tomorrow, just saw the weather update...it is pretty cool there. :smile:

Is it humid though? I much rather have 44C+ temps with low humidity than 32C temps with 100% humidity.

44 still sucks ass ;)

We've got pretty good weather here today, yesterday too (roughly 20-25C with a light breeze). I went out for a one hour walk a few hours ago; it was nice.

It's going to rain here for ten days. Doesn't that constitute under "hurricane" conditions? Perhaps preemptive end of the world weather.

Skrying said:
Is it humid though? I much rather have 44C+ temps with low humidity than 32C temps with 100% humidity.

Except when you go out in the sun. ;)

Jim, where do you live?

It's been raining and cold for the last 40 hours or so after a nice run of summer like weather.

My puppies and house are now all mudiful again. :(

It's been raining for about 3 days, and the forecast has another 5 days of rain or so. And this morning it was 37F(3C) when I left for work. Just a bit colder than I would expect here for the middle of May. :)

drpepper said:
It's raining like crazy, but at least we're warmer than Calgary. ;)

Did you watch the game on Wednesday? :D I had to work the next day, and I was just wondering when the heck the game was going to end. By the end of the 2nd OT, I didn't care who won. :LOL:

Alstrong said:
Did you watch the game on Wednesday? :D I had to work the next day, and I was just wondering when the heck the game was going to end. By the end of the 2nd OT, I didn't care who won. :LOL:

K, the odd thing was, it wasn't showing on CBC. The national was on till 11 PM so for some reason cbc black'ed it out for Ontario residents, or at least in Ottawa. Instead I saw some of the Anaheim game (TSN) at the point where the tying goal was. But just for a little while.

I think due to time zones, I would have only saw the edmonton game till the end of 2nd period. Stil, i was pissed that CBC wasn;t showing it from where i was.

Rain has stopped but still overcast. 14 centigrade.

Fine weather, not too warm not too cold for the period, a few showers every now and then but most of the time sunny and lightly breezy.

Back