How does one sauna?

You need a muscular East German woman to whip you with a branch....

Finland, Finland, Finland
The country where I want to be
Pony trekking or camping or just watching TV
Finland, Finland, Finland
It's the country for me

It's kind of not the country for me. I moved out from there. Seeing how things there are I'm not in a hurry to go back.

It's kind of not the country for me. I moved out from there. Seeing how things there are I'm not in a hurry to go back.
My image of Finland is very much embodied by the Helsinki episode of Jim Jarmusch’ Night on Earth. Which was awesome by the way.

My image of Finland is very much embodied by the Helsinki episode of Jim Jarmusch’ Night on Earth. Which was awesome by the way.

Helsinki is one of my favorite summer time cities. So walkable, tons to see and do. Typically people are also pretty happy during sunny summer days.

I didn't find those muscular women but some birch tree action indeed is awesome. Highly recommend this with or without the muscles while enjoying sauna.

upload_2021-1-25_14-29-48.jpeg

whats wrong over there apart from alcohol drinking and barely any sunny days?

Politics/bureaucracy(there is even special word for it, sääntösuomi), taxation, living with debt, it has to catch up eventually(especially due to age structure of population and the already existing pyramid scheme called pension), attitude of people(finland is perfect, nothing should be changed), public healthcare sucks(lines are insane, prepare to wait if you need something fixed), weather, location in middle of nowhere. Not the place for me other than visiting it during summer.

Estonia for example is miles and miles ahead of finland if one wants to live towards that part of world. Estonia is pretty modern place compared to finland in many aspects.

edit. I'm not bitter towards finland. I'm selfish enough to realise that it's not the best place for me and I have options where to spend&invest my money. I wish the best of luck for all those lottery winners in finland. Hopefully my view is overly pessimistic, but I don't believe it is.

Last edited:
Back