hour of victory demo.

nintenho

Veteran
900 megabytes. uses ue3. vibration off in default setting. it's a ww2 game and there's three classes. commando (tommy gun + revolver), ranger (sniper rifle + colt), or covert op (silenced machine gun + knife) and covert op can cut barbed wire fences. At the beginning of every checkpoint you can choose which class to use. you're basically indestructible, one time when I got stuck in a stairway I threw two grenades in front of me and I didn't die, might have gone through the floor though. you have to turn the sensitivity way up. The graphics are pretty good. the grenades are the wimpiest I've ever seen. make sure you sprint or you could die. you can't shoot when you sprint but you can reload. health recharges slow. the vehicle controls are shit. you have to point from the vehicle's perspective and the machine guns aren't attached to the turret so there's really no point in firing them. the physics are super messed up and you can scale up a wall by driving towards it and flip your tank over and blow it up. I did that on accident. had to finish demo with a rocket launcher that was very satisfying.

worst demo ever, horrible in fact

I thought they pulled it from MP because it was so bad. controls are the worst of any FPS I've ever played.

seriously, bad. :LOL:

it was pretty cinematic at times though. but yeah, whenever you see an enemy you think oh shit now I have to shoot that thing.

what they should do is take this build of the game; add some holodeck story, some cool monster nazis, dazzling particle people explosions and some sexy "healing" nurses so that we can have the masterpiece prophesized by the great visionary "IT" (ShootMyMonkey's ex-boss). :LOL: The demo is truly is that bad, it does everything that is important to fps gameplay (control, level design, ai) so wrong that it is an accomplishment in itself.

who would've thought that Unreal Engine 3.0 could churn out this kind of mediocrity?
I think people don't really understand what an engine does by itself or else UE3 is way overrated.

What I am curious is why this game is not released on PC.

If you toss in an array of sound bugs and extremely ugly graphics, you've got an absolutely terrible game on your hands. It's sort of disgusting that Hour of Victory managed to make it through both Midway's QA department and Microsoft's approval process because garbage like this belongs in the gutter--not on shelves

That's from Gamespot's 2/10 - Is this $60 too? Wow.

interesting that a "professional" review site does not understand that MS quality assurance is only to test that it meets the Xbox live and the OS hook requirements (there's a name for those parameters) and has nothing to do with how the game plays.

the review pretty much nails my feeling of game play though...

Back