Horizon Forbidden West [PS4, PS5, PC]

• Thread starter Deleted member 7537
  • Start date
That is a really good idea for a video game event countdown. Nicely executed, as well. I hope that other developers will make something similar.
Had Sony been consistently clear that this presentation started at a specific time, rather than suggesting the start time was five hours earlier when the countdown to the presentation would begin, I would agree.

However given the facts, I disagree this a "really good idea". Maybe this year I will send invites for my birthday party, which will be a date seven day before my actual birthday party, and just be an empty room with a countdown to my actual birthday party. GENIUS! What could possible go wrong? :???:

Their standard disclaimer at the start: "Not actual gameplay. Captured in-engine from PS5."

View attachment 5507
That's really disappointing. They are still doing what they did with the first reveal. Nobody cares about in-engine footage anymore.

Not wanting to sound too cynical, as I think Sony first party do a amazing job on in game graphics, but it's the usual of course real time cut scenes look great when you have cash and talent. :D
That's only an odd recent Guerrilla thing. Odd because they did show impressive gameplay of Horizon when they revealed the PS4 game. The others big Sony teams all impressed with gameplay: Spider-man MM, Demon's souls and Ratchet and Rivet.

unknown.png

Water looks great too

IsV2L8J.gif

Their standard disclaimer at the start: "Not actual gameplay. Captured in-engine from PS5."

It's sad that this needs to be stated, but this is obviously not gameplay unless the new game is about being a cloud just floating around in the sky not doing anything. What that are showing is not gameplay. There is no gameplay being shown right now.

This is the world we live in.

I don’t think it means much. They are literally just showing the environments in a non-gameplay view. Obviously it’s not gameplay, it’s like a real time Screensaver.
Beat me to it by a fraction a second. Yet the last few comments demonstrate why this disclaimer is necessary. :|

That's really disappointing. They are still doing what they did with the first reveal. Nobody cares about in-engine footage anymore.

That's only an odd recent Guerrilla thing. Odd because they did show impressive gameplay of Horizon when they revealed the PS4 game. The others big Sony teams all impressed with gameplay: Spider-man MM, Demon's souls and Ratchet and Rivet.

I guess it's better than the alternative "Not actual gameplay. Captured in-engine from PC." :runaway:

View attachment 5507

Abit dissapointing if they dont show any actual gameplay yet, its been awhile since last footage from forbidden west which wasnt ingame gameplay. On the other hand, it can still look great up to par with demon souls and rift apart etc since even those arent that much of a leap graphically gen to gen.

Had Sony been consistently clear that this presentation started at a specific time, rather than suggesting the start time was five hours earlier when the countdown to the presentation would begin, I would agree.

Join us on Twitch or YouTube from 9AM PDT / 5PM BST / 6PM CEST for the special State of Play Pre-Show, and at 2PM PDT / 10PM BST / 11PM CEST for the Horizon Forbidden West gameplay reveal.

And all the other media clearly states that the full presentation is 2pm and/or that the countdown to the presentation starts at 9am. I dunno, man, I think that's pretty clear.

I guess they could just have not mentioned the countdown at all.

And all the other media clearly states that the full presentation is 2pm and/or that the countdown to the presentation starts at 9am. I dunno, man, I think that's pretty clear.

I guess they could just have not mentioned the countdown at all.

So screensavers count as a "Pre-Show"? I guess most would think Pre-Show would involve hosts and discussions?

Join us on Twitch or YouTube from 9AM PDT / 5PM BST / 6PM CEST for the special State of Play Pre-Show, and at 2PM PDT / 10PM BST / 11PM CEST for the Horizon Forbidden West gameplay reveal.

So screensavers count as a "Pre-Show"? I guess most would think Pre-Show would involve hosts and discussions?

Did Sony say "pre-show" somewhere? I saw "glimpse" which is different.

Back