Hi, Im new :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
R

reduntex

Hi all,
My name is John , I’m new to the forum and just want to say hi to everyone.

I'm not a spambot, I'm the ultimate touring machine that got loose about a decade and a half ago when being field tested.

Shhhhh though, that's a secret.

Being obviously naive I'm curious how you differentiate a spambot from someone actually introducing themselves?
This is it: The Turing test. :idea:

That one time recently when digi accused one of being a bot and it actually talked back was probably just a random fluke of spontaneous machine-evolved intelligence.

Hi, my name is not John, I'm not new to the forum, I just don't post much. :D

@ digitalwanderer, ain't you sneaky clever. Where are you next going on your tour? :LOL:

reduntex might still be genuine, though...

He's not, he would have replied by now. Anyone anxious/excited enough to post up a "Hi everyone I'm new!" thread will invariably follow up a reply to it quickly. ;)

I'm constantly on tour, the intraweb is ma stage... ;)

Hi my name is Nebula, I like walks in the park and warm weather. For dinner I like steak with potatoes and a glass of gin. When going out in to the nightlife I am a party animal, care to join me? :LOL:

Hi my name is Nebula, I like walks in the park and warm weather. For dinner I like steak with potatoes and a glass of gin. When going out in to the nightlife I am a party animal, care to join me? :LOL:
Steak & potatoes with gin? Can I get that gin on the rocks with a bit of tonic & a twist of lime? :|

He's not, he would have replied by now. Anyone anxious/excited enough to post up a "Hi everyone I'm new!" thread will invariably follow up a reply to it quickly. ;)
Not if you're off posting exactly the same message saying 'hello' to a couple of thousand other forums! If you're not a bot, that kind of thing would take considerable time so it might take a while before he'd be able to get back to us ... :smile:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back