HELP: PC not working

Crusher said:
Like I said when I read your specs the first time you posted them, a quality 300W like the one I linked to should be plenty for your current system. Of course, if you go a little beefier you'll have room to upgrade. However, if you do upgrade, I'm guessing you'd be buying a completely new system (even if you build it yourself), so instead of resuing the case + psu you have here, I'd just keep this computer whole as a second machine (or sell it for a few bucks).

I don't see where he posted the specs before, and I can't see how he could sell the system without a working PSU.

The Best PSU I'd suggest to you is the Fortron AX400-PN:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16817104953

Last edited by a moderator:
Karma Police said:
I don't see where he posted the specs before

He posted his specs in the 7th post in this thread.

Karma Police said:
and I can't see how he could sell the system without a working PSU.

I never suggested that. I said that if he were to upgrade he might as well buy a new case and PSU along with all of the other hardware he'd be buying, since he would likely replace all of the components, not just a few of them. In that case, he would keep whatever replacement PSU he buys now with his current system and either use that (fully functional) system as a second PC, or sell it (in working condition). And if he decided to do that, there is no reason to buy a PSU now that is overkill for his current system, since it would never be used in anything but his current system, which is why I suggest a (quality) 300W PSU is plenty.

However, if you (Deepak) don't plan to buy a new system anytime soon but you do want to add some new hard drives and maybe a better graphics card, a 400W like the one Karma posted would probably be a good idea.

Thanks both for replies, I'll get a 400W PSU, though I may have to settle for local brands as those brands ain't available here.

Last edited by a moderator:
Crusher said:
He posted his specs in the 7th post in this thread.

I never suggested that. I said that if he were to upgrade he might as well buy a new case and PSU along with all of the other hardware he'd be buying, since he would likely replace all of the components, not just a few of them. In that case, he would keep whatever replacement PSU he buys now with his current system and either use that (fully functional) system as a second PC, or sell it (in working condition). And if he decided to do that, there is no reason to buy a PSU now that is overkill for his current system, since it would never be used in anything but his current system, which is why I suggest a (quality) 300W PSU is plenty.

However, if you (Deepak) don't plan to buy a new system anytime soon but you do want to add some new hard drives and maybe a better graphics card, a 400W like the one Karma posted would probably be a good idea.

Ah! It was all jumbled together. I went through the thread 4 times; never saw it. lol :D

Karma Police said:
Ah! It was all jumbled together. I went through the thread 4 times; never saw it. lol :D
I was going to ask him to post system specs too just before you did, and I had looked thru the thread and missed it too. :oops:

digitalwanderer said:
I was going to ask him to post system specs too just before you did, and I had looked thru the thread and missed it too. :oops:

a-HA! .........wait a minute. Does this prove I'm getting as old as digi?

Back