Helldivers 2 [PS5, PC]

there is a concerted harassment campaign by asshole mark kern and others (gamergate 2.0) against the arrowhead team and especially the community team and its disgusting

Wow didn't realize there were people who believed in gamer gate here

Anyway

Community managers falsely accusing critics in their discord and banning anyone who defends them.

The hell divers community team is getting worse and worse

1714953665369.png

Last edited:
Sure. All I'm saying is that if the issue was as simple as people say it is.. ie "just make an account"... then Sony or Valve wouldn't have stopped selling the game in those countries and have simply told them, "no you can make an account in those countries without violating the TOS"..

Then I would have been like... ok just make the account. But that's clearly not the case. So either they fix it so it is the case.. or they refund.
I mean it worked at launch before they disabled the log in. Either the TOS workaround thing became so discussed that they felt they had to do something, or steam didn't want to take any chances and removed it from the store.

Either way, the game would still be available to those countries without the overreactions.

I mean it worked at launch before they disabled the log in. Either the TOS workaround thing became so discussed that they felt they had to do something, or steam didn't want to take any chances and removed it from the store.

Either way, the game would still be available to those countries without the overreactions.
No it didn't. You couldn't create a psn account in those countries and still can't. They still went ahead and sold the game. No one complained because they disabled the functionality because it didn't work.

Now sony wants the devs to turn back on the functionality but sony has never enabled psn accounts in those territories.

Wow didn't realize there were people who believed in gamer gate here

Anyway

snip

Community managers falsely accusing critics in their discord and banning anyone who defends them.

The hell divers community team is getting worse and worse
snip
grummz is a disgusting harasser and should not be amplified

No it didn't. You couldn't create a psn account in those countries and still can't. They still went ahead and sold the game. No one complained because they disabled the functionality because it didn't work.

Now sony wants the devs to turn back on the functionality but sony has never enabled psn accounts in those territories.
This is something I have read a lot those days. People who literally create accounts with false addresses in unsupported countries that use PSN on PS5 and PC without a problem for the last 10+ years (I have a Japanese account for instance since 2013) and people saying: no, it doesn't work. Alright.

Also, it worked at the start, but they disabled it because of server load, not because of people that couldn't make a account in unsupported territories.

Sony backed down as they should. I still wont buy any game on steam from them going forward. This time they backed down. I doubt they will again
grummz is a disgusting harasser and should not be amplified

Sure Jan

I guess by that logic we shouldn't amplify sony and the hell divers team because a hell diver community manager accused a user of being a sexual assaulter ?

This is something I have read a lot those days. People who literally create accounts with false addresses in unsupported countries that use PSN on PS5 and PC without a problem for the last 10+ years (I have a Japanese account for instance since 2013) and people saying: no, it doesn't work. Alright.

Also, it worked at the start, but they disabled it because of server load, not because of people that couldn't make a account in unsupported territories.

There is a youtuber out there who tried making an account online but it required him to own a playstation to make the account.

But hey sony caved as they should.

I think the key here is that the devs disabled the functionality because the game was a buggy mess that shouldn't have launched when it did. Because of that people kept playing instead of refunding right away when they couldn't play the game without a psn account.

There is a youtuber out there who tried making an account online but it required him to own a playstation to make the account.

But hey sony caved as they should.

I think the key here is that the devs disabled the functionality because the game was a buggy mess that shouldn't have launched when it did. Because of that people kept playing instead of refunding right away when they couldn't play the game without a psn account.
Removed because I want to verify the facts :unsure:

Edit: they did gift ps plus premium to Ukrainians, but if you go on Reddit and see the comments for this issue, you see people who say are Ukrainians who registered PSN accounts with they're phone numbers, without a console. That is probably some fake news to generate drama.

I also am not Ukrainian, so I can't verify myself.

Last edited:
In Ukraine, you get one month(or unlimited? I don't remember) ps plus premium for free due to the war, and since playstation is run by people who do things halfassedly, they didn't think about people just wanting to make a PSN account outside of playstation.

It's about incompetence, not malice.
Welp what the community managers have done is certainly not incompetence.

what? who is jan?
sounds like the devs and sony deserve death threats for this. good to know you endorse harassment campaigns
No one deserves death threats and never did I say they do. But you seem okay with the community managers accusing people of crimes without proof.
Grummz is a populist that doesn't have a single brain cell of his own. He just farms outrage and misery, those people are a cancer for modern discussion.
so like 90% of people on social media including the hell divers community managers? I posted the tweets and what they did in the discord. You can go ahead and scroll back

so like 90% of people on social media including the hell divers community managers? I posted the tweets and what they did in the discord. You can go ahead and scroll back
The community manager is a no name guy who throwing accusations (that I don't even want to verify honestly) in a chat board on discord.

Meanwhile grummz, unlike 99% of people on social media, has a big enough following. When you have so many people that listen to what you say, you have a responsibility to verify facts and do some research before you speak. Meanwhile this guy and so many others make a living out of misrepresenting facts and repeating half truths. Literally making a living out of making people miserable.

People shouldn't have to do that though. You never know when it's going bad. As a recent example, Square Enix recently have a problem with their new payment processor for FF14 which will fail payment if your billing address does not match the address on file. Imagine that after you paid for some money on your account and suddenly you can't anymore.

There's really no need to defend Sony on this issue. They really shouldn't sell games in unsupported regions if their original intent is to require PSN. Either they expand PSN to those regions, or they shouldn't require PSN at all. It's as simple as that.

People shouldn't have to do that though. You never know when it's going bad. As a recent example, Square Enix recently have a problem with their new payment processor for FF14 which will fail payment if your billing address does not match the address on file. Imagine that after you paid for some money on your account and suddenly you can't anymore.

There's really no need to defend Sony on this issue. They really shouldn't sell games in unsupported regions if their original intent is to require PSN. Either they expand PSN to those regions, or they shouldn't require PSN at all. It's as simple as that.
I'm not saying that it's an ideal solution, but people were absolutely looking for ways to panic and be mad, ignoring any discussions and solutions.

I hope all those players who have a negative review because of this go back and update them.

I hope all those players who have a negative review because of this go back and update them.
Gamers? Lol. Nah, they most certainly won’t. Now they move onto the next thing. Now that they feel justified they are going to leave it there.

It’s certainly going to be a memorial. The one weekend where they got hit with 80K negative reviews. The next patch will clear it IIRC.

Now they are going to make the PSN integration optional, while offering 300 super credits if you link the account. And 95% of the player base will take the offer. A lesson to Sony on how gamers think :rolleyes:. I wonder what they will do with the next gaas games they will release: do they keep it optional with an incentive or do they make it as clear as possible that PSN will be mandatory, while developing a global PSN access for unsupported countries?

Back