Hellbinder says full trilinear would cost 50% preformance?

Well, it's not so much that he's hated (except perhaps by NVidia fanboys). . . It's more that many people don't really take his statements too seriously and subject what he says to alot of doubt and assumption of bias.

maybe hate was a strong word, but it certainly seems as if hes disliked byu the majority of the members on rage3d, beyond3d, and nvnews. i dont visit any other forums but hes probly disliked on those 2. has he rly givin as much false info as people say in the past?

hovz
Thats because he makes controversial themes which the majority didnt saw or dont want to face. Say you believe the Earth is flat and then someone like Hellbinder comes and says wait! the Earth is round actually. Of cause you will "hate" him :LOL: imho :)

Gaal Dornik said:
hovz
Thats because he makes controversial themes which the majority didnt saw or dont want to face. Say you believe the Earth is flat and then someone like Hellbinder comes and says wait! the Earth is round actually. Of cause you will "hate" him :LOL: imho :)

Except Hellbinder is more likely to say "It's round... and looks more like a sphere if you use an ATI card!" just in a more round about, biased sort of way ;)

Quitch said:
Gaal Dornik said:
hovz

Except Hellbinder is more likely to say "It's round... and looks more like a sphere if you use an ATI card!" just in a more round about, biased sort of way ;)
:LOL: "The earth is a sphere, and thanks to ATI, it spins faster!"

Sorry Mufu. Sometimes Sarcasm is hard to catch on the internet, I apologise for taking you so literally :)

"Thats because [Hellbinder] makes controversial themes which the majority didnt saw or dont want to face. Say you believe the Earth is flat and then someone like Hellbinder comes and says wait!"

Actually its more like people thinks the world is a sphere and Hellbinder comes along and says he can't tell you exactly what the truth is or where he heard it from BUT! Here's a little preview... more to come....
-- The world is ACTUALLY the 4th dimensional shadow of a n-dimensional convex shape that has no name in REGULAR geometry. He would tell you more, but... well he can't. People who believe the world is simply slightly flattened spheroid CAN GO ON BELIEVING WHATEVER THEY WANT. It doesn't change the truth. --

OK this may be a bit of a caricature but its far more representative.

MikeC said:

The X800 clearly looks better on the 3500 shot. On the gray-green flat surface to the right of the turret it’s easy to spot that the 6800 is doing less filtering. Looks like bilinear too….

http://www.nvnews.net/images/aquamark3/frame_3500/6800u_60.72_0xaa_8xaf.png

http://www.nvnews.net/images/aquamark3/frame_3500/x800pro_4.5_0xaa_8xaf.png

I’d say NV is hacking down IQ on Aquamark for better scores based on this.

Good eyes, Blastman.

For a moment I thought it was just a mistake by the guy taking the screenshots, but it's there when AF is applied too. Looks like it's just there for the detail textures. (No trilinear for texture stages 1-7?)

You can also see a clear difference in detail on the left hill in frame 900:
http://www.nvnews.net/images/aquamark3/frame_0900/6800u_60.72_0xaa_tri.png
http://www.nvnews.net/images/aquamark3/frame_0900/x800pro_4.5_0xaa_tri.png

On an unrelated note, why is ATI's smoke darker? I remember seeing this a while ago in some EB article, I think.

On an unrelated note, why is ATI's smoke darker? I remember seeing this a while ago in some EB article, I think.

It had something to do with alpha channels or blending something or other

It had something to do with reduced precision/rounding errors inherent in the hardware, IIRC. I guess they didn't correct it with R420.

Back