Hard drive restoring software?

LunchBox

Regular
My friend's computer's HDD died on him and I was wondering if there's any software that can restore it.Basically, this is what happened to him. I quoted him from a pm i recieved at another forum.
I was in the middle of watching a video that I edited when windows notified me that "windows has failed to write in my other drive" (not sure why windows was writing on it). It crashed and I rebooted. It rebooted fine but as a precaution I turned on scandisk and restarted again, to check if my hard drives were all ok. It started giving me a message while it was on scandisk that my files were "orphaned" while it went through the whole process of scanning. But after my computer booted windows through, my drive couldn't be accessed.

I haven't re-formatted or anything and the last thing that touched it was the scan disk. BTW, it now shows up as "RAW". Do you know any software or tricks/procedures that can help me salvage my drive? I need to retrieve those files because it's an important video editing project that I spent almost 2 months working on.

GetDataBack is the best tool out there. It helped me in the same situation where no other tool could.

GetDataBack by Runtime Software
Easyrecovery by Ontrack

and those are just off the top of my head.

I've used GetDataBack successfully to recover data from a NTSF drive that started dying of heat problems

thank you for all the suggestions i refered him to this site and he got most of his files back using getdataback. Thanks again for the help and suggestons.

Back