Halo: Spartan Assault. First reviews out.

Cyan

orange
Legend
Supporter
The game is very fun, it keeps you entertained, and one of the things about it I like the most is that the music makes you recall the best Halo tunes. I can see how it can be fun for PC gamers, console gamers and mobile gamers alike.

The controls are easy and very natural to use.

I haven't read many reviews on the game, but there are some out there already. Like this one for instance.

http://www.softpedia.com/reviews/games/xbox-one/Halo-Spartan-Assault-Review-412279.shtml

I've been playing it on my Lumia 1520 phone, it's a fun game overall. Sometimes I don't want a super deep involved game and instead just want something basic that's fun and I can instantly hop in and out of as needed. This game fits that need nicely.

I've been playing it on my Lumia 1520 phone, it's a fun game overall. Sometimes I don't want a super deep involved game and instead just want something basic that's fun and I can instantly hop in and out of as needed. This game fits that need nicely.
That's one hell of a phone. I want to buy a Lumia in the future, just to have everything integrated. That's why I would want Windows 8 apps on the phone or Xbox One, things like Hyper, and games like Chess or Super Mahjong and many many others.

Curiously enough, not exactly the 1520, but the Lumia 520 has recently become the official phone of the city of Buenos Aires in Argentina.

I played this on my phone. It was lame.
I haven't tried it on a phone, I wonder if the controls are frustrating --but then this also might depend on how you play it on your phone model. It plays very well on a console.

That's one hell of a phone. I want to buy a Lumia in the future, just to have everything integrated. That's why I would want Windows 8 apps on the phone or Xbox One, things like Hyper, and games like Chess or Super Mahjong and many many others.

I haven't tried it on a phone, I wonder if the controls are frustrating --but then this also might depend on how you play it on your phone model. It plays very well on a console.

Yeah I love that phone, there's no going back to small screens anymore. It might be why I don't mind the game as a good time waster since I play it on a small-ish 6" phone screen, while those playing it on console don't care for it as on the big screen maybe it's too shallow of an experience. It also came free with my phone, that probably helps my opinion as well. Using it to waste time while waiting for my massage though is a good fit for that kinda game. Bounce in, shoot a bit, bounce out. The controls on phone are typical phone controls, they will never be perfect but they work. If you're the type that demands 100% accuracy in your controls at all times then you probably aren't playing games on phone anyways. Ultimately it's entertaining to me but I do like other games better like Spy Mouse, the adventure games by Artifex Mundi like Dark Arcana, etc, and of course the epic Choose Your Adventure which is clearly the best phone game ever made :)

Regarding ecosystem unification...yeah one day I presume that will happen. It seems like Microsoft isn't in any hurry though for whatever reason, it's almost as if they don't feel like they have any competition in that space. Really bizarre to me how casual they are about the whole timeline, I don't really get it.

Back