Halo: Reach

And quite painful to watch. Please check the other videos, like the joystiq vids. They're on the bungie.net homepage.

When you engage active camo, you also cause radar jamming. The Spartan with active camo engaged is right under the platform he jumps from. Pay attention to the bottom left of the video when he jumps down to the ground. You'll see a Blue spartan appear as he melees.

Ah, I thought they were going to have it like MW2 where the entire radar is fuzzed out.

I really like the focus rifle, it seems it can be used even without zooming in, I'm wondering if it'll be overpowered and they'll have to nerf it.

They left out the sentinel beam from 3 because it was too overpowered and this has a 4x zoom as well. The damage output must be significantly less than the sentinel beam.

Also has anyone seen this 'ghost reticle' feature mentioned on the Giant Bomb Reach page? I havent noticed it yet in gameplay clips.
http://www.giantbomb.com/ghost-reticle/92-5102/
http://www.giantbomb.com/halo-reach/61-26786/

Last edited by a moderator:

Yea, looks interesting.

With control schemes, I don't like the fact that bumper jumper is no longer the best choice anymore due to armor abilities being mapped to a face button.

IMO they should have a control scheme identical to Reach's version of Bumper jumper except the armor abilities are mapped to the click in of the left thumbstick and crouching is mapped to a face button.

This would make it very similar to COD etc, where sprint is mapped to a thumbstick press and works great.

Yea, looks interesting.

With control schemes, I don't like the fact that bumper jumper is no longer the best choice anymore due to armor abilities being mapped to a face button.

IMO they should have a control scheme identical to Reach's version of Bumper jumper except the armor abilities are mapped to the click in of the left thumbstick and crouching is mapped to a face button.

This would make it very similar to COD etc, where sprint is mapped to a thumbstick press and works great.

I really like BF BC2's control layout as using the RB for melee feels pretty intuitive.Im pretty sure Bungie will let you customize your controls for Reach.I wanna use the left trigger to zoom in with the sniper..

I really like BF BC2's control layout as using the RB for melee feels pretty intuitive.Im pretty sure Bungie will let you customize your controls for Reach.I wanna use the left trigger to zoom in with the sniper..

They won't let you customise controls, no previous Halo game has - in fact very few console games let you make custom control schemes.

Someone should tell Bungie, is there an email address to write to them? They sometimes post their humorous replies to emails they get sent, so I assume there must be.

Also, am I correct in that the grenade launcher will kill with a single direct hit? Isn't that a bit overpowered, it's firing trajectory didn't look all that difficult so I'm assuming the challenge comes from having to reload it after every shot?

I also noticed in the vids that the weapon switching time seems reduced from Halo 3, which is a good thing as it gives you more tactical options in combat.

Last edited by a moderator:
They won't let you customise controls, no previous Halo game has - in fact very few console games let you make custom control schemes.

Someone should tell Bungie, is there an email address to write to them? They sometimes post their humorous replies to emails they get sent, so I assume there must be.

Also, am I correct in that the grenade launcher will kill with a single direct hit? Isn't that a bit overpowered, it's firing trajectory didn't look all that difficult so I'm assuming the challenge comes from having to reload it after every shot?

I also noticed in the vids that the weapon switching time seems reduced from Halo 3, which is a good thing as it gives you more tactical options in combat.

Yeah, im not expecting Reach to have customizable controls but it would be great if they did.I just hope they have a control configuration that lets me use the left trigger to snipe as I feel that would more intuitive then the traditional method of sniping in Halo.Also, the grenade launcher does seem to be overpowered but maybe it would take 2 direct shots to kill someone.I like the fact that the GR lets u bounce grenades off of surfaces which was something the Bruteshot in Halo 3 was severly missing.

Lastly, if you guys watched the latest vidoc, you see a Spartan crushing another spartan and then slicing his neck.I remember Bungie saying that you can crush an opponent when your in a higher elevation.

Yeah, im not expecting Reach to have customizable controls but it would be great if they did.I just hope they have a control configuration that lets me use the left trigger to snipe as I feel that would more intuitive then the traditional method of sniping in Halo.Also, the grenade launcher does seem to be overpowered but maybe it would take 2 direct shots to kill someone.I like the fact that the GR lets u bounce grenades off of surfaces which was something the Bruteshot in Halo 3 was severly missing.

Lastly, if you guys watched the latest vidoc, you see a Spartan crushing another spartan and then slicing his neck.I remember Bungie saying that you can crush an opponent when your in a higher elevation.

Nah, I was watching a few videos and the grenade launcher is definitely 1 shot kill with a direct hit - the caveat is that you have to reload after each shot.

But I would just fire and then switch to my secondary weapon if I miss

Bloody hell. I've just seen a prime-time advert on British TV during the Champions League semi final for the Halo Reach multiplayer BETA.

This is going to get some major, major advertising come September.

Not gonna help much...I'm sure most will already have their age set above 18 in the XBL GT anyways.

yeh for parental oversight! :rolleyes:

pisses me off that most parents don't know how to monitor or restrict their kids from the machines (360 parental controls) or even the internet... the step-kids go over to their friends house and have access to all of the crap that we don't allow here because (my guess- they have no idea the crap the kids are getting into or they don't care or just don't know how to stop it)

Neighbor kid comes over last week with my step-son and his ipod asking me for the password to my wireless network... hah! :devilish: he looked at me like I was an ass (I am really a nice guy ;)) but I don't care. It's a secure network for a reason. :D

but I digress.... I guess I need to go get ODST soon

Extended version of the Halo Reach ad...

Much better than the short ad, but still not as impressive as the Halo 3 Believe ad campaign. Loved that one!

Tommy McClain

I haz a sad:cry:

Beta is only till the 19th, kinda short had hoped for it to be 29th or something. Tomorrow hopefully won one of the F&F codes contest.

We Are ODST trailer was way better then this one.
The odst trailer made me crave some 3rd person view Odst game.

I haz a sad:cry:

Beta is only till the 19th, kinda short had hoped for it to be 29th or something. Tomorrow hopefully won one of the F&F codes contest.

We Are ODST trailer was way better then this one.
The odst trailer made me crave some 3rd person view Odst game.

You should have been expecting that. Halo 3 beta was 17 days I believe.

Bloody hell. I've just seen a prime-time advert on British TV during the Champions League semi final for the Halo Reach multiplayer BETA.

This is going to get some major, major advertising come September.

Today in the Cleveland, Ohio market, I saw an ad on the TV for the Reach Beta. I think I had the Comedy Network channel tuned in.

Back