Halo: Reach

Well, like I was saying earlier, I think it'd be a more interesting product if they made it so that it was a game about Cortana reflecting upon the Chief's past post-Halo 3 while he's in stasis. Hence the "flashback" rumour. In that aspect, it could be like a part 3 to the Halo Legends Origin cartoon episodes, but as a game. That way they could say take the most important/good levels from Halo 1/2. Given Cortana's state of mind, they could take a few liberties with the gameplay aspect at the same time. And also given that it'd be from Cortana's perspective, they could skip Arbiter's levels or make new "speculation" levels of what occurred. :)

I'd rather have a true Halo 4 instead of a Halo CE remake anytime. Bad thing is they're probably holding off Halo 4 for next gen. So a remake as a stop-gap seems plausible.

Tommy McClain

343 is working on a Halo for this gen, according to strong evidence. Most people seem to think it will be Halo 4 proper as well.

This remake thing would likely be in addition to that. Most likely timetable would be Halo "4" in late 2012, this rumored "remake" possibly as early as early-mid 2011.

The only evidence I know of is that they went on a hiring spree during the spring or the summer or so. But two projects would be too much, even if one is just a "remake" of a previous game.
But with Gears 3 coming in the autumn of 2011, a Q3 2012 release is quite likely. It would also mean that the next Xbox would probably launch in 2013, probably after the summer. That would also leave Epic two years of full production time to come up with a launch exclusive ;)

Well, like I was saying earlier, I think it'd be a more interesting product if they made it so that it was a game about Cortana reflecting upon the Chief's past post-Halo 3 while he's in stasis. Hence the "flashback" rumour. In that aspect, it could be like a part 3 to the Halo Legends Origin cartoon episodes, but as a game. That way they could say take the most important/good levels from Halo 1/2. Given Cortana's state of mind, they could take a few liberties with the gameplay aspect at the same time. And also given that it'd be from Cortana's perspective, they could skip Arbiter's levels or make new "speculation" levels of what occurred. :)
This idea has merit. The flashback scenes worked pretty well in ODST. Seems like they have a lot of material to worzzk with. Might be safer to play around with the "in between" stuff rather than give fans 343's version of the Halo universe, which may backfire big time.

Was playing some Halo 3 MP over the weekend - it seems more "fun" than Halo Reach - Reach seems a bit more random.

I think in Reach Bungie lowered the benefits of being a skilled player - it's very hard to kill multiple people at once in Reach as usually you will kill someone and their teammate will kill you with a headshot or a grenade - wheras in Halo 3 it's not that hard to take down multiple opponents if you're good, i.e jump over people, assasinate them from behind etc. also grenades are MUCH harder to use than in 3.

Bungie definitely stuffed up the grenade throwing mechanics in Reach, in 3 it is so easy to get grenades exactly where you want them to go making them far more effective. In Reach frag grenades are more powerful, but the bounce is seriously retared and the longer fuse makes them less effective and the flashing lights and clicking sound prevent people from walking into well placed grenades like in 3.

On that I agree. But one thing cannot carry over exactly. The cut/paste library level. :)

I couldn't complete HALO CE due to that Library Level. All my ammo got used up killing the flood and then I would be just meleeing around untill I died. Everytime, I would end up with 0 ammo and the flood was still standing. No way to replenish ammo ......:( ! I played on the PC, BTW.

You have to pick up weapons/ammo from the dead. The whole game is like that really. The library level wasn't my favorite, but it wasn't that bad imo. Then again, the Flood was my least favorite part of the universe, so can see how it would drive people nuts.

You have to pick up weapons/ammo from the dead. The whole game is like that really. The library level wasn't my favorite, but it wasn't that bad imo. Then again, the Flood was my least favorite part of the universe, so can see how it would drive people nuts.

How do u pick up ammo from bloody bugs ?!?!?!! The flood had no weapons on them. Wish I had my save file and could try again ........

^ Wait they won?? I thought both of those were just submission vids to be nominated for the award. Quite surprising considering GoW3 was released in the same year. o_O

Last edited by a moderator:
^ yeah sorry guys, didn't realize a thread was made when I posted that.

I'm more interested in knowing if Reach really won the VES award, congrats if true.

Back