Half-Life 3 coming?

Valve and Ritual Entertainment (yep I still have not forgiven them for only releasing the first episode of Sin - Emergence) have not delivered on their PR boasting of shortend development times. It's gutting that the whole point of 'Episodic content' is that you should have to wait *less* time between titles!

The whole point of episodic content is lost if u cannot deliver episodes every six months. The rate at which HL2 episodes arrive, they cannot be episodes but should be full games. But by naming them as episodes they have the liberty to deliver little and not being called names at. Internet mob forgives them cos they are 'episodes' and not full sequels.

I lost interest with these episodes. I am not even looking forward to HL3/Ep3 anymore. Give me something new from a new dev anytime over more Valve games. Portal was the only refreshing experience from Valve in recent history after HL2.

Valve and Ritual Entertainment (yep I still have not forgiven them for only releasing the first episode of Sin - Emergence) have not delivered on their PR boasting of shortend development times. It's gutting that the whole point of 'Episodic content' is that you should have to wait *less* time between titles!

Heh, I liked the first episode of Sin - Emergence as well. Unfortunately they weren't able to make a profit on it and thus the greenlight for episode 2 never emerged. :(

Valve doesn't have the same excuse for HL 2 episode 3 however. I have a feeling they just got caught up in so many other things that they dropped the ball on it. And maybe they just lost interest in developing it (Kinda like Bungie losing interest in the Halo series for the moment).

Regards,
SB

fw26hl3719.jpg

http://www.black-aperture.com/

Valve doesn't have the same excuse for HL 2 episode 3 however. I have a feeling they just got caught up in so many other things that they dropped the ball on it. And maybe they just lost interest in developing it (Kinda like Bungie losing interest in the Halo series for the moment).

Damn that would be a shame, because despite all the talk of people not caring since it's been so long since Ep2, I am pining for the next chapter in the amazingly intriguing HL universe.

And I want Alex back in my life.

I'm not happy I'm having to wait, but I'm not going to pretend I'm not interested, because I am.

Like, a LOT.

And so are all the fakers who say they aren't as well, I wager.

Won't hear anything about HL3 until someone hacks their server and steals the source code.

Maybe that should've happened 2 years ago.
There would've been some pressure to release the game and we'd be playing the damn thing by now.

Anyways, there's been some talks about Valve showing off "something with a 3" during CES 2012.
We'll see.

After being forced to watch Freeman's mind by my son, I lost most of my interest in 3.

Was anyone here aware of the peaceful protest that happened Saturday? How was it organized?

Is Valve giving a sh#$ about it?

Yes some of "us" played HL² on Saturday if that's what you mean.

I would have meant that if the question was "Did some of you play HL2 last Saturday?".

So no, that's not what I meant..

EDIT: bad grammar...

Last edited by a moderator:
Back