Half Life 2 models on HDR rendering

Simon82

Newcomer
Soldiers%20in%20the%20living%20room.jpg

What I define realistic HDR rendering... taking out photo background, what make this realism impossibile in a more simplex and more "actual" background? HDR rendering on CG tools make use of what more improved FP calculous?

It's not the HDR that makes that image lifelike, it's the reflection- and light-map.
Basically global illumination.

It's not the HDR that makes that image lifelike, it's the reflection- and light-map.
Basically global illumination.

It's astonishing the level of realism that both models have in this and also in others photo you can see online. ;)

Am I the only one thinking it's just a photo ?
(ie no 3D effects)

I thin that same background photo has been used to illuminate hl2 models replaced in post processing directly on the image. But that model remain 3D rendered and really realistic.

Yeah, it's this technique that we don't see in any game using HDR maps but only in some tech demos (rhtldbir) and in Cg tools..

Not trying to be an a**

but the demo you mentioned is this:
RTHDRIBL: Real-Time High-Dynamic Range Image Based Lighting.

I know it's hard to remember but I've seen too many abbr. floating around the internet.

Cheers.:smile:

Is that a New South Wales number plate I can see?

Could be hard to tell though.. Yellow with black writing, and seems to be in a 3-3 arrangement. Looking through the car window it also appears that it might be a Right Hand Drive... but it's too small to tell really.

Back