GT4 or Forza? Which one do you think will take the crown?

Status
Not open for further replies.
-tkf- said:
http://microsoft.gamerfeed.com/gf/news/7546/

"The game runs at a fast 20 frames per second, but Johnson said that because of the anti-aliasing and other advances, controlling the car recreates the experience as if it were 180 frames per second"

Can someone please tell me what the problem is with XBOX games and framerates, does AA really take that much power or what is it?

I'm confused...

The main point is, How does AA make up for a low framerate??? :LOL:
It's like they're saying that because of AA and... errr.. "other advances"... people won't see the difference betwee 20 and 60fps?? Not even 30, 20.

It's a racing game for God's sake, they can't sacrifice speed for AA and "other advances"... :rolleyes:
It's not like the Xbox can't run games at 60fps!!

Super Mario Sunshine only runs at 30fps but it's using new rendering algorithms that simulate much higher framerates that's why a lot of people thought SMS ran at 60 fps from playing the game. They only found out it was 30fps because the information was publicly available. ;)

PC-Engine said:
Super Mario Sunshine only runs at 30fps but it's using new rendering algorithms that simulate much higher framerates that's why a lot of people thought SMS ran at 60 fps from playing the game. They only found out it was 30fps because the information was publicly available. ;)

Racing game... Platformer.... Bit different.

Also, as u said, that's why "a lot" of people thought it ran at 60fps. Not "everybody".

PC-Engine said:
Can you describe the basic details on these new rendering algorithms? I certainly didn't feel the effects of any efforts to that effect (nor have I heard about them). If anything, the erratic camera made the shaky framerate obvious indeed.

Also, as u said, that's why "a lot" of people thought it ran at 60fps. Not "everybody".

Yes and everybody can't tell the difference between 30fps and 60fps either...

Anyhow Miyamoto said it's using new rendering technology to create the illusion of higher framerates himself. I don't remember where I read the article though. I think it was IGN.

PC-Engine said:

Show them the Playstation 1 version of ridgeracer in 30 and then the 60 fps edition :)

Night and Day

Good and Bad

Hate and Love

PC-Engine said:

Good for them i guess, ignorance is bliss. I'd love to not-see the difference between 30fps and 60fps. And i'd love to not being able to see the difference between a troll and a bad troll.
And remember, we're talking 20fps here, not even 30...

Anyhow Miyamoto said it's using new rendering technology to create the illusion of higher framerates himself. I don't remember where I read the article though. I think it was IGN

Whatever he says, my eyes tell me something else.
In the end, unless they're using motion blur, i really would love to see what this "new super advanced technique" is.

-tkf- said:
PC-Engine said:

Show them the Playstation 1 version of ridgeracer in 30 and then the 60 fps edition :)

Night and Day

Good and Bad

Hate and Love

Of course they would be able to tell the difference. Without filtering they could easily see faster pixelation/shimmering. ;)

PC-Engine said:
Standard mipmapping is pretty nice too as it gets rid of the shimmer.

I may be blind but the XBOX games i have played had plenty of Shimmering, Aliasing,jaggies etc..

Yes they looked good, and it was less than seen on PS2 games but in no way was it gone.

You mean the shimmering, like what can be seen in many early PS2 games, and even in some new games like Outrun 2 ?

Fortunately you can't see the shimmering in the superhighres 8xfsaa screenshots, that's how I like my xbox games best.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back