Gravity, when the feeling's gone and you can't go on, it's gravity

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by RudeCurve, Jan 26, 2010.

1. WhiningKhan

Regular Newcomer

Err... I'm really no rocket scientist either, but are you sure they _require_ rotation? Using common sense, one would think that solid fuel does not have the ability to dampen the movements of the rocket, so that as the fuel is being expended, asymmetricities would _lead_ to rotation, and as such the rotation might not really be a desired effect but something that just needs to be taken into account.

But I remember having heard of liquid fuel rockets using rotation for supplying the fuel to the engine.

And then again, I might be talking out of my ass here.

2. _xxx_

Banned

I have no idea why they require rotation, should be easy to find out though.

3. Cheezdoodles

Veteran

I only read the first page.

Rudecurve you amaze me.

You understand that if this machine actually worked, not only would it defy the laws of physics, but also the creator would instantly win a nobel price!

Quite obvious that this doesn't work. Energy companies and VC,PE, Investment Banking etc would be throwing billions of dollars after him and his patent if it did.

#183 Cheezdoodles, Apr 7, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 7, 2010
  4. Davros

Legend

solid fuel rockets do not require rotation, ive personally owned dozens of them, they are called fireworks