Gran Turismo 7 [PS4, PS5]

• Thread starter Deleted member 7537
  • Start date
The ray tracing is supposedly not in-game, its in replays and menu's when you view the cars. Was under the impression that RT was in-game for this one. It probably doesnt matter all that much, just that the value of RT when in-game is abit higher.

it's not even in FH5 30fps mode on XsX, hard to put it ingame at 4K/60, and kaz would refuse to add a 30fps mode.

Its a hardware limitation (see DF's report on this), and yea, that applies to both PS5/XSX, they are in the same performance range. I wonder though why native 4k? These machines clearly dont thrive all that well when going for next gen graphics and 4k/RT etc at the same time, why not 1440p/reconstruction, RT could have been doable?

Its a hardware limitation (see DF's report on this), and yea, that applies to both PS5/XSX, they are in the same performance range. I wonder though why native 4k? These machines clearly dont thrive all that well when going for next gen graphics and 4k/RT etc at the same time, why not 1440p/reconstruction, RT could have been doable?
More detail visible in distance, easier to see and prepare for braking points, but I wouldn't mind 4k CB mode with more eye candy.

Per the DF comments, the RT is too demanding for the replay modes, where DF thinks a 30fps mode would have been more appropiete. The RT doesnt apply to transperant surfaces either. I think ray tracing is abit too demanding, and the exclusion of it from gameplay is perhaps the correct decision, as it does seem that the replay mode does drop quite much, having ingame RT teamed to a lower resolution (and upscaling) probably wasnt enough to warrant a smooth 60, too many cutbacks in fidelity etc.

rt is not that crucial imo for racing game but why still use same very low res cubemaps in gt7 on ps5, that I can't understand

rt is not that crucial imo for racing game but why still use same very low res cubemaps in gt7 on ps5, that I can't understand

RT aint crucial at all for the type of game used. Its probably the best compromise they could offer (not ingame but in replays). A smooth 4k/60 with those visuals isnt anything to complain about, and something the Pro promised but never did even at 30fps (4k30). PD has their way of doing things, perfection seems one of them.

RT aint crucial at all for the type of game used. Its probably the best compromise they could offer (not ingame but in replays). A smooth 4k/60 with those visuals isnt anything to complain about, and something the Pro promised but never did even at 30fps (4k30). PD has their way of doing things, perfection seems one of them.
leaving low res cubemaps and environment assets from previous gen on ps5 is not perfection :d but yeah in some things like scapes or proper stars constelation on different geographical region is typical pd

leaving low res cubemaps and environment assets from previous gen on ps5 is not perfection :d but yeah in some things like scapes or proper stars constelation on different geographical region is typical pd
I wonder why they stick with those ugly reflections on PS5. They stick like a sore thump

The prospect of GT7 coming has inspired me to drive some more GT Sport, partly so I can sense the similarities and differences and also to be warmed up properly ;).

I saved this race, apart from being pushed off it was a nice clean race for me and some nice clean fun with the Swede towards the end. I could have been more aggressive defending but oh well.

Nothing special in terms of sun or weather in this race but it still looks good.

So I did the Road to GT7 Race 2 races on Saturday. I did the first three. First race came third from 5th. Second race came 2nd from 4th and the third race I won from 4th. I saved the replays of the last two races and am busy uploading to YT. Pretty good races.

The race required that you use all three tyre types i.e. RH, RM and RS. I tried a different strategy in the first two races, starting on RH and pitting the first lap. The second race I started in 4th but by the first corner I was in 7th. I was able to get into 6th before the lap end and pitted. I then came out in 17th but fought my way through to 2nd. I was gaining on the leader at the end.

The last race I started again in 4th(stupid mistakes in qualifying) but started on RS. I was able to get a good launch and was 2nd into the first corner. I then followed the leader and got better traction out of spoon curve onto the back stretch and was into R130 first and into the lead. I got pressured for the lead for a couple of laps but kept it until the end.

Last edited:
So I did the Road to GT7 Race 2 races on Saturday. I did the first three. First race came third from 5th. Second race came 2nd from 4th and the third race I won from 4th. I saved the replays of the last two races and am busy uploading to YT. Pretty good races.

The race required that you use all three tyre types i.e. RH, RM and RS. I tried a different strategy in the first two races, starting on RH and pitting the first lap. The second race I started in 4th but by the first corner I was in 7th. I was able to get into 6th before the lap end and pitted. I then came out in 17th but fought my way through to 2nd. I was gaining on the leader at the end.

The last race I started again in 4th(stupid mistakes in qualifying) but started on RS. I was able to get a good launch and was 2nd into the first corner. I then followed the leader and got better traction out of spoon curve onto the back stretch and was into R130 first and into the lead. I got pressured for the lead for a couple of laps but kept it until the end.

are you playiong with a controller or steering wheel?
The physics seems weird when the car makes very sudden turns

Does the PS4 version cross buy with PS5? Or vise versa?

EDIT

turns out the GT7 anniversay edition provides physical disc for PS5 and digital code for PS4. So i can simply buy it, and sell the PS5 disc. Probably netting me around 50% discount compared if i buy PS4 digital or PS4 disc.

Last edited:
Back