Gran Turismo 7 [PS]

• Thread starter Deleted member 7537
  • Start date
Maybe a dumb question but can licencing be a problem ? Like, in GT, maybe they have deals but maybe only for PS releases, and porting it on PC would need new deals with BMW, Renault, etc ?

Maybe a dumb question but can licencing be a problem ? Like, in GT, maybe they have deals but maybe only for PS releases, and porting it on PC would need new deals with BMW, Renault, etc ?
I dont think it works this way that license is for specific platform.

It's possible that some IP Owners will force a more stringent security review (for due diligence) process for PC License Use given how its easier to be hacked/extracted. No idea if that applies here.

just my guess

It's possible that some IP Owners will force a more stringent security review (for due diligence) process for PC License Use given how its easier to be hacked/extracted. No idea if that applies here.

I have not had much to do with IP licensing, but the couple of times I had to look at something that included it (not gaming related), the language was very clear about what/how/when/where it could be used and basically anything other than that, you had no rights to use it.
So my guess is, that the licensing deals are defining usage very strictly, it might be as terse as licensed to Playstation consoles only as an example ie no PC.... Just a guess.

Cleanest RT implementation on PS5? Too bad its only in replays and photo mode
Would you notice in during gameplay? Smart decision imo. RT implementation in gameplay would kill fps. Then there's the support for PS4 which doesn't have RT. See no issue with it not having RT in gameplay. In Photo mode and replays, very smart decision to add RT.

Would you notice in during gameplay? Smart decision imo. RT implementation in gameplay would kill fps. Then there's the support for PS4 which doesn't have RT. See no issue with it not having RT in gameplay. In Photo mode and replays, very smart decision to add RT.
GT's cube map reflections do look noticeably peculiar during gameplay especially on hood cam. It is pretty jarring to me.

games like driveclub or need for speed payback used SSR during gameplay, which looked nicer than cubemaps, but were 30fps.
Are there console racing games using SSR during gameplay at 60fps ?

For GT7 Spec II or GT8 they can give us an option for lower native resolution @~1440p and a bit simplified RT setting (like only on player's car or player's car and cars closest to the camera) or higher resolution without RT.

Back