Gran Turismo 7 [PS]

• Thread starter Deleted member 7537
  • Start date
So far it feels great … no complaints just yet. There is some kind of recovery assist which I turned from Strong to off right away. Maybe that makes a difference when you try to recover the car yourself?

But yeah the car handling certainly changed, no question about that! For me that’s part of the hardest part of getting all golds on the licences right now. I have to relearn some things. Though some licences also just seem harder. I think streamers who say they are possibly easier are just much better than they were since the last time they did licences ;)

eADqHak.gif

Love that weather effect and cloud formation

What’s your impression on controller versus wheel?
Noticed you were doing both

Yeah I’ve switched between wheel and motion control steering with the DualSense all the time throughout my stream, trying to show that in general these two are really close in terms of how you use them. I think it holds up, though I am still better at times with the wheel, partly also because I’ve used it more. But I like the motion steering for when I haven’t setup the racing seat in the living room.

The force feedback is really good about communicating the curbs and such. The throttle and braking feels pretty natural, you end up not thinking about it pretty quickly which is good. You do feel the abs and such working which is neat. The downside of switching between that and the G29 force feedback wheel is that the G29 is so violent even on default that the DualSense pales a bit in comparison but even so the DualSense really proves itself here as probably with some large distance the best controller for any driving game on any platform that supports it (ie PC and PS5).

Of course the one thing you miss vs the FF wheel is the feedback from the steering wheel and such which is used to really communicate the current balance / weight distribution and spring position of the car, which has always been very good in GT.

Yeah I’ve switched between wheel and motion control steering with the DualSense all the time throughout my stream, trying to show that in general these two are really close in terms of how you use them. I think it holds up, though I am still better at times with the wheel, partly also because I’ve used it more. But I like the motion steering for when I haven’t setup the racing seat in the living room.

The force feedback is really good about communicating the curbs and such. The throttle and braking feels pretty natural, you end up not thinking about it pretty quickly which is good. You do feel the abs and such working which is neat. The downside of switching between that and the G29 force feedback wheel is that the G29 is so violent even on default that the DualSense pales a bit in comparison but even so the DualSense really proves itself here as probably with some large distance the best controller for any driving game on any platform that supports it (ie PC and PS5).

Of course the one thing you miss vs the FF wheel is the feedback from the steering wheel and such which is used to really communicate the current balance / weight distribution and spring position of the car, which has always been very good in GT.
Thanks; yea still debating if I should get GT7 on ps5 or wait to see if coming to PC as I don’t want to rebuy a new wheel.

PS5 is compatible with PC wheels and vice versa. So no need to worry about that. I’m using my Logitech G29 which also works fine on both. It’s just Xbox who is a pain in the arse in that respect.

PS5 is compatible with PC wheels and vice versa. So no need to worry about that. I’m using my Logitech G29 which also works fine on both. It’s just Xbox who is a pain in the arse in that respect.
Yea. I bought an Xbox wheel :( a while bavk

Game looks fun. Would like to have a PS5 for a day to pass all the license tests like the old days with my wheel and setup but that's a pretty hefty one day cost for some nostalgia lol

Well done by PD I have to say.

Game looks fun. Would like to have a PS5 for a day to pass all the license tests like the old days with my wheel and setup but that's a pretty hefty one day cost for some nostalgia lol

Well done by PD I have to say.

It’s still good on PS4 though!

My first impressions. Graphics defenitly improvement vs gtsport but still crossgen especialy in terms on env. quality, also shadow drawing line too visible and low res. reflections on car. Rt mode can looks worse than performance in garage as is more noisy. But have to say in some camera angles and lighting condition game can looks quite photorealistic. Sound is much better. Weather system is as briliant as they marketed (dynamic, dry lines). Dynamic day time is very good with beautiful lighting. Singleplayer campaign is very rich in content and good progression feeling. Trial Mountain - only track with 3d trees is beautiful ;d Physics is completely new and pushed even more in full sim direction. Much improvement in suspension, kerbs behaviour, contact physics, slipstream strength is more realistic. But there is one big problem I hope will be adjusted - some cars are way too oversteery on corner exit and really hard to drive. Weight transfer is also too sensitive. Other problem are hilarious jumps on rally tracks (tough generaly rally is improved). Blocking multiplayer in grinding singleplayer is little problematic, also tuning available in multiplayer is not best idea (at least not for all races). Game needs defenitely some adjustments but if pd do it will be brilliant.

Last edited:
Back