Gran Turismo 7 [PS]

• Thread starter Deleted member 7537
  • Start date
but japan is 2/3 of population of the three countries i counted.
Anyway Europe= pay more for games, get games later, and watch the stream at night, almost every time.
Its just how life is, mate I grew up in NZ and its unpopulated timezone, with a lot of live events like sport etc a lot happened at ~3am

I don’t think many people were aware that this is happening in 10 minutes. That or GT isn’t so hot anymore [emoji16]

Anyway I’m excited even though I’m really tired.

Still hot to me though, just a fantastic driving experience and as such, the feel of the car, it never disappoints. And it looks like they made further improvements in the suspension etc. And also looking forward to the tracks etc.

Above all though I am really excited, partly thanks to DriveClub, to see if the clouds are indeed dynamic. I still have to see it to believe it.

Here we go …

Last edited:
Ah yes, the real-time weather and cloud simulation is everything I hoped for. I have enjoyed the limited applications of this already so much in the past, a slightly foggy start of the race on the Nurburgring, then the sun breaking through in parts of the track, setting fire to the red paint of your cars and those around you, then specs of rain on your windshield, driving while night falls and the lights turn on, awesome stuff.

And now with really nice graphics too. The raytracing looks really nice now, much evolved from the early showings. I am genuinely excited again. Basically everything is in here and looks to combine the best from all generations and GT Sports amazing online racing improvements, and this time no limitations, all tracks have real-time day night and weather as far as I could tell, which is a first. Nice to see even improvements to the livery editor too, which is already pretty great even if I underuse it (I painted Garfield on an orange Porsche 911 I think), I enjoy when other people do.

I think the music mode is a bit frivolous, never been a great fan of timed arcade modes, but it would be funny to recreate Lotus Esprit Turbo Challenge with it, especially in two player split screen mode [emoji28] and my only other critique perhaps

And I think I’ll be playing a bit more with headphones on again now … the combination of the cars around you and specs of rain on the car. Really nice, intimate feeling that has always been in real life.

And of course Deep Forest and Trial Mountain … old friends!

Will be interesting to see what tracks are added later. And if the game gets an update when the PSVR2 is released …

But generally, I am really really excited. And what a generous and complete look at the game. Much more than I expected.

Oh yeah and one important bit I forgot, this will be the first time the game will have practically no load times. That will be so awesome … [emoji7]

The car sounds still struggle to keep up with the graphics though … (just listened with headphones). But you do hear the cars coming from the back to the front with regular headphones and the rain does sound nice [emoji16]

Ah yes, the real-time weather and cloud simulation is everything I hoped for. I have enjoyed the limited applications of this already so much in the past, a slightly foggy start of the race on the Nurburgring, then the sun breaking through in parts of the track, setting fire to the red paint of your cars and those around you, then specs of rain on your windshield, driving while night falls and the lights turn on, awesome stuff.

And now with really nice graphics too. The raytracing looks really nice now, much evolved from the early showings. I am genuinely excited again. Basically everything is in here and looks to combine the best from all generations and GT Sports amazing online racing improvements, and this time no limitations, all tracks have real-time day night and weather as far as I could tell, which is a first. Nice to see even improvements to the livery editor too, which is already pretty great even if I underuse it (I painted Garfield on an orange Porsche 911 I think), I enjoy when other people do.

I think the music mode is a bit frivolous, never been a great fan of timed arcade modes, but it would be funny to recreate Lotus Esprit Turbo Challenge with it, especially in two player split screen mode [emoji28] and my only other critique perhaps

And I think I’ll be playing a bit more with headphones on again now … the combination of the cars around you and specs of rain on the car. Really nice, intimate feeling that has always been in real life.

And of course Deep Forest and Trial Mountain … old friends!

Will be interesting to see what tracks are added later. And if the game gets an update when the PSVR2 is released …

But generally, I am really really excited. And what a generous and complete look at the game. Much more than I expected.
I really liked the bit about the track getting wet then drying after the rain stops and the cars go through it(timestamped below). Does any other racing game have that? I am not aware of any game that does but anyone can correct me. The game does remind me of GT4/5 though but I do like the new features that it has.

Only disappointing thing is the fans on the side of the track don't bring out umbrella's. Would've been awesome if they had the fans use umbrellas in the rain and when it stopped, the umbrellas disappear. I like the fans walking in the background. Many real races have fans/people walking while it's racing so that looks realistic to me.

maybe due to the game is still unfinished, the video showed both impressive and bad-looking visuals? The cars itself looks awesome, but sometimes the environment looks bad.

btw why there's a bunch of Indonesia flag in the race lineup? o_O
Indonesia doesn't even have a car in the game. Or its because Indonesia and GT have quite long history? there were official events by big brands such as Michelin (sp?) and Nissan (and IIRC won rank 1 2 or 3 in one of the international GT academy thingy years ago)

So glad the PS4 didn't prevent them from implementing dynamic track features. The weather and time simulation looks awesome.

maybe due to the game is still unfinished, the video showed both impressive and bad-looking visuals? The cars itself looks awesome, but sometimes the environment looks bad.

btw why there's a bunch of Indonesia flag in the race lineup? o_O
Indonesia doesn't even have a car in the game. Or its because Indonesia and GT have quite long history? there were official events by big brands such as Michelin (sp?) and Nissan (and IIRC won rank 1 2 or 3 in one of the international GT academy thingy years ago)

Some tracks look like they obviously used their internal procedural course maker to quickly make content for the game (High Speed Ring stands out as looking underwhelming and has course maker visuals). Dragon Trail looks like a straight port from GTSport with its awful vegetation. PD really should get some outsource help to get more man-power in making next-gen assets rather than porting over PS4 stuff.

33:57

is... is that VR mode as passenger? the camera movement looks like VR head movement (and also a few more in-cockpit camera near the end)

Back