God of War [PS4, PC]

Played < 10 hours but gave up. Pointlessy complicated game (why does Kratos have five different types of armour?) and not really fun. GoW3Remastered was way better!
To each his own. I played GoW3 before GOW 2018 came out and I played it however I stopped going up some shaft. GoW 2018 though, the story grabbed me, it's intimate and the father/son story was really good. I also finished all the trophies and got the Platinum.

I went back to GoW3 sometime afterwards and almost immediately stopped playing. Too many other games to play and life.

Last edited:
Just in time to get PC players to finish the game until February and them let them look at a PS5-exclusive sequel coming out in the following months. That they can't play unless they buy a PS5.
Same for Horizon. Releasing games with imminent sequels on a platform for which the sequels are years off.

200w.webp

Just in time to get PC players to finish the game until February and them let them look at a PS5-exclusive sequel coming out in the following months. That they can't play unless they buy a PS5.

Nah, they can just wait out and play it on PC in full glory at a later date. No need to rush for the pc gamers that are used to get these ports at a later date, but the waits worth it for the superior version.

Comments like that are the reason why some people here will never understand the PC mindset, and why Sony and Microsoft are releasing games on the PC in the first place.

The fact is: PC players are stubborn folks, you have to be if you are used to dealing with the quirks of Windows and hardware installation .. the core PC players couldn't care less about consoles, they flat out refuse to game on them and prefer their PCs over any thing the consoles have to offer, whether due to superior graphics, superior performance, superior controls, superior mix of entertainment and productivity, owning cheap old PC that can run games, or just due to ease of piracy, these people will NEVER switch or compromise. It's why both companies are targeting these demographics.

People need to understand this very well, otherwise they will keep coming up with silly logic to try to understand a situation that is constantly evolving.

Horizon Zero Dawn was released last year, two years before it's sequel, which is a long ass time, Uncharted games are releasing without imminent sequels, same for Days Gone, God Of War is releasing before a sequel that might easily get delayed, just like every other game out there.

See how silly that logic is?

Last edited:
Comments like that are the reason why some people here will never understand the PC mindset, and why Sony and Microsoft are releasing games on the PC in the first place.

The fact is: PC players are stubborn folks, you have to be if you are used to dealing with the quirks of Windows and hardware installation .. the core PC players couldn't care less about consoles, they flat out refuse to game on them and prefer their PCs over any thing the consoles have to offer, whether due to superior graphics, superior performance, superior controls, superior mix of entertainment and productivity, owning cheap old PC that can run games, or just due to ease of piracy, these people will NEVER switch or compromise. It's why both companies are targeting these demographics.

People need to understand this very well, otherwise they will keep coming up with silly logic to try to understand a situation that is constantly evolving.

Horizon Zero Dawn was released last year, two years before it's sequel, which is a long ass time, Uncharted games are releasing without imminent sequels, God Of War is releasing before a sequel that might easily get delayed, just like every other game out there.

Indeed, the PC and console segments are two different markets that exist at the same time. Its not like one market will dissapear anytime soon, extending your library to the pc platform for more sales aint a bad decision i think. The PC market will always exist ( be it apple hardware or not), and where theres a market theres something to gain. If that will be simultainious releases or sometime between is yet to be seen, though we could see that happening in the future, like how it went for Microsoft.

if sony do a simultaneous release with PC, they will be missing money from people like me that

1. buy PlayStation console to play PlayStation games
2. also re-buy (some) PS games on PC to play with mods/cheats/hacks.

because i wont be buying PlayStation console, as i will simply play the game on PC.

although currently i don't have a PC as I've sold it at a nice profit, and spend a small percentage of it to buy an xbox series s.... (i still have a laptop for modding/cheats/hacks tho. Really glad some xbox games have PC x XBOX cross save. So i can mod/hack/cheat on laptop, and sync the save to xbox)

Horizon Zero Dawn was released last year, two years before it's sequel, which is a long ass time, Uncharted games are releasing without imminent sequels, same for Days Gone, God Of War is releasing before a sequel that might easily get delayed, just like every other game out there.

Its not like PC gamers are sitting home and rulling their thumbs and waiting for those sequels. There is a shit ton of games on PC

Its not like PC gamers are sitting home and rulling their thumbs and waiting for those sequels. There is a shit ton of games on PC

PC users have all xbox/MS games/exclusives to be content with, aswell as pc games and most sony games going forward. Some wait here and there for a polished up version doesnt hurt for most. If you cant wait then get a playstation.

Exactly, PCs have their PC exclusive games, all Xbox exclusive titles, all the cross platform games, all the massive libraries of old games, and the emulators to play ALL Nintendo titles, all they were missed are a dozen PS4 exclusive, half of which are already on PC right now, and the rest is coming.

Exactly this. I'm not even sure why you would want to spend weeks playing a game, and then immediately play it's sequel. When I finish a game I'm keen to move on to a new experience, I don't even play games in the same genre immediately after each other. A couple of years is a perfect gap between sequels IMO, even a year is too short in my experience as demonstrated by the likes of Assassins Creed and Farcry.

As others have said above, I'm sure PC gamers will 'console' themselves by playing some Microsoft or Nintendo, or other remastered PS4 exclusives while they wait for the inevitably improved God of War and Horizon sequels. Or god forbid they might even choose to play one of the hundreds of superb 3rd party titles available to all systems.

Exactly this. I'm not even sure why you would want to spend weeks playing a game, and then immediately play it's sequel. When I finish a game I'm keen to move on to a new experience, I don't even play games in the same genre immediately after each other.
I'm pretty much the same but I know people who only play shooters, FIFA or RPGs. People are different. If you've never played Halo and stumble upon the MCC and really like it, I can see somebody binging through those games one after another. :yep2:

Mouse gameplay transforms the game. The speed and awareness you get with it, awesome. He only shows the keybind menu in this video, but the game seems to be running without a single issue in the entire video

Yup, I know quite a few people that will be replaying the game on PC just so they can finally use KBM combined with a locked 60 FPS or greater. Basically removing the only downsides they had for the game when they played it on the PS4.

Regards,
SB

Back