God of War II

Though he's riding atop a Pegasus, the combat here looks to be nearly identical to what you'll find on the ground. A few demonic creatures atop gryphons soon catch up with Kratos and begin swarming about, trying to knock him off his winged transport. Lashing out with his blades (of Chaos or Athena's, we're not sure, as Sony is a little hesitant to make perfectly clear), Kratos takes them out one by one while his mount does the flying. As one demon remains, the Circle button icon appears denoting one of the series' contextual action sequences that you may recognize from the first trailer. Triggering it causes Kratos to leap over to the gryphon, impale the demon numerous times with his blades and then toss him through the clouds. And then in an entirely suicidal manner, Kratos cuts off one of the gryphon's wings just for the hell of it, then leaps towards the island hundreds (if not thousands) of feet below. Nice work Sony Santa Monica - this is exactly the way to start the sequel to our 2005 Game of the Year.

godofwarii200605071044037278sm.jpg

godofwarii200605071044073361ve.jpg

god-of-war-ii-20060507104405289.jpg

http://ps2.ign.com/articles/705/705546p1.html

mckmas8808 said:
Unrealistic eh? You don't believe in Santa Monica and it's PS2?
16x Super Sampling seems realistic to you? These are promo shots rendered with higher quality than you'll get when you play the game.

This is my most wanted game on all platforms at the moment! It's a shame that it won't come out until next year.:(
And I would rather play this on PS3 with upgraded everything.

Good idea, I wonder if GOW would look this good when played on the ps3? I will obviously have a ps3 before this game comes out (if indeed a 2007 release), so playing this on the ps2 would be pointless with BC. Either way, GOW2 looks amazing, and I cannot wait to experience another adventure with Kratos. :D

Bad_Boy said:
Good idea, I wonder if GOW would look this good when played on the ps3? I will obviously have a ps3 before this game comes out (if indeed a 2007 release), so playing this on the ps2 would be pointless with BC. Either way, GOW2 looks amazing, and I cannot wait to experience another adventure with Kratos. :D

Well I meant God of War built from scratch for PS3 like GoW3 will probably be, but now that you mentioned it, it would be great if this PS2-version would have great AA when played on PS3.

Back