*God Of War 3 Thread v2.0 + Interview Stig Asmussen

It could be dynamic, but they made it fixed for gameplay/cinematic reasons.

No, the camera is not fixed, just scripted (thus dynamic).
The GoW games have the best scripted cameras BTW, I'm not sure how it's a PS2 game signature when it's yet to be outdone in this gen (besides GoW3 of course).

Just doing the Labyrinth now. I've enjoyed the game. My only real disappointment is the boss battles. Too few, and one in particular is much better than the others, which I would consider to be ok but not amazing.
I thought Hades was the best boss fight, by a landslide. Poseidon was visually awesome, but pretty simple - still enjoyable though. Hercules wasn't that interesting. You just fight hordes of the skeleton guys, and he seems to keep to himself a lot, until you get all his armour off. The big scorpion was ok. I suppose Cronos is a boss fight, and that sequence was pretty good. Of course, I haven't reached Zeus yet.

There are a few good puzzle sequences
the optical illusion puzzle in the gardens, and some of the room rotating in the labyrinth is cool.
. The rest of the puzzle sequences I could do without, because they just slow the game down. I suppose they're a change of pace, but there are spots where the game loses too much intensity.

Overall, solid game. I never finished God of War 2, and never liked playing Kratos as a character (and like him even less now), so I'm assuming bigger fans would feel more connected to the game. I have a feeling one of my friends will think this is the best game ever made. From a pure gameplay and pacing point of view, I think it's solid, but not one of my favourites this gen. Still, a very good title.

I love how the realtime cutscenes stand out from the pre-rendered ones because of the higher framerates. I can't recall any other game where the pre-rendered footage had a high enough bitrate to pass for realtime, if only the realtime didn't run so smoothly.

I love how the realtime cutscenes stand out from the pre-rendered ones because of the higher framerates. I can't recall any other game where the pre-rendered footage had a high enough bitrate to pass for realtime, if only the realtime didn't run so smoothly.
You mean the realtime cutscenes are smoother than pre-rendered?
I think the cutscenes blend well, there's not a huge difference in either.

About the gore, I just got to the part where
Kratos ripped Helios' head off
. I had no problem with the violence that was directed to mythological creatures and monsters, but this scene almost went over my treshold. I won't watch, nor understand what's the point of making films like Saw, so this scene disturbed me a bit. If this were a movie with real human actors I might stop playing.

Which cutscenes are pre-rendered ?
IIRC most are real time except a selected few which are pre-recorded.

So now that the trilogy has finally ended,
or has it?! Kratos jumped off the cliff!
am I the only one who wish that there should be another GOW game with at least the titans in it? The moving level technology and those titan models are just too good to be discarded from the face of the earth, SSM should milk them as much as possible with their titan R&D.
As with the recent tidbits on God of warfare, http://moviestinger.com/god-of-war-iv-modern-warfare/ , I think it's a good concept when you have everything set in mordern time and the pandora's box would somehow bring back all the titans and what not, no not like "Legendary". And you, the main dude who's blessed with Kratos' lineage has to stop the new threat and saving the world again, and riding some titans along the trip too.

And you, the main dude who's blessed with Kratos' lineage has to stop the new threat and saving the world again, and riding some titans along the trip too.
Ha...Kratos having a long lineage is certainly not an odd idea, given his exploitations everywhere he goes:)

am I the only one who wish that there should be another GOW game with at least the titans in it? The moving level technology and those titan models are just too good to be discarded from the face of the earth, SSM should milk them as much as possible with their titan R&D.
As with the recent tidbits on God of warfare, http://moviestinger.com/god-of-war-iv-modern-warfare/ , I think it's a good concept when you have everything set in mordern time and the pandora's box would somehow bring back all the titans and what not, no not like "Legendary". And you, the main dude who's blessed with Kratos' lineage has to stop the new threat and saving the world again, and riding some titans along the trip too.

I wish they wouldn't do Kratos anymore. But give me odyssey and titans and... that would give new possibilities to game mechanics and plot. Perhaps less gore and more puzzles. They also could try making the combat system more responsive(i.e. break combos in middle).

You mean the realtime cutscenes are smoother than pre-rendered?
I think the cutscenes blend well, there's not a huge difference in either.

About the gore, I just got to the part where
Kratos ripped Helios' head off
. I had no problem with the violence that was directed to mythological creatures and monsters, but this scene almost went over my treshold. I won't watch, nor understand what's the point of making films like Saw, so this scene disturbed me a bit. If this were a movie with real human actors I might stop playing.

Wait till you meet
hermes
, that was the most disturbing scene in the game for me. Much worse than helios.

From interviews it is quite obvious that they will release a new game on PS3 - this alone gets me excited - which is based on the same universe, but not on Kratos. That could mean that you don't actually control Kratos even though he might be in the game in some shape or form. Greek Mythology-wise, they clearly stated that the end of GOW3 is "why the gods are just a myth now, they're dead". So i'm not sure there would be a lot to work with in a sequel.
Personally i'd love them to move forward, they've done greek mythology a great service and i'd love to see them working on something else. Like Nordic mythology perhaps? Heck they could even do a superhero franchise - Batman:AA proved that superhero games can be amazing and i'm sure SSM would work their magic. Using their so-called "Titan tech" they could do so many things!

Ha...Kratos having a long lineage is certainly not an odd idea, given his exploitations everywhere he goes:)
:)indeed.
I wish they wouldn't do Kratos anymore. But give me odyssey and titans and... that would give new possibilities to game mechanics and plot. Perhaps less gore and more puzzles. They also could try making the combat system more responsive(i.e. break combos in middle).
I would go with more exploration for sure, maybe traveling on top of an ally titan to scale unpassable terrains. Though I wish they keep the gores, it's a very important part of the thrilling ride.
From interviews it is quite obvious that they will release a new game on PS3 - this alone gets me excited - which is based on the same universe, but not on Kratos. That could mean that you don't actually control Kratos even though he might be in the game in some shape or form. Greek Mythology-wise, they clearly stated that the end of GOW3 is "why the gods are just a myth now, they're dead". So i'm not sure there would be a lot to work with in a sequel.
Personally i'd love them to move forward, they've done greek mythology a great service and i'd love to see them working on something else. Like Nordic mythology perhaps? Heck they could even do a superhero franchise - Batman:AA proved that superhero games can be amazing and i'm sure SSM would work their magic. Using their so-called "Titan tech" they could do so many things!
I would totally love a Norse mythology or something LOTR esque Odyssey, as long as they stick to the inclusion of titan tech in some forms I'd be content, well hopefully not as
under used as in GOW3

I finished it yesterday as well. Truly an awesome ride, but even as a big fan of horror (that includes some of the truly nasty stuff our there) I found the violence to be downright sickening at times.
I mean Helios's death was already quite gruesome. Hard to believe his death scene completely pales in comparison to the fates of poor Hermes and Hercules. Then there was the poor girl in Poseidon's place

one of the most impressive stuff with respect to graphics, is the looks of the gorgones (IMO).

In close up, there snake skin looks very real and ...ew....snaky!?

That link aint working !

Modern Warfare ! I just hope its not an FPS set in Greek universe ! :LOL: ! I hope they go a little Darksiders way, more adventure, but keep the fast fun combat in !

Just beat the game. Have to admit the the does lose a little steam in the last third. But I still loved it overall. Ending was a little wordy, but still very satisfying for a gow fan like me.

I really love how they were willing to take risks with the design. A lot of really cool avant garde stuff in this game that I have never seen before. And it was nicely mixed in will all the usual gow stuff. So many things done right in this game it's a little overwhelming. I'm sure I will have to play it a few more time to really appreciate it all the little details.

Just beat the game. Have to admit the the does lose a little steam in the last third. But I still loved it overall. Ending was a little wordy, but still very satisfying for a gow fan like me.

I really love how they were willing to take risks with the design. A lot of really cool avant garde stuff in this game that I have never seen before. And it was nicely mixed in will all the usual gow stuff. So many things done right in this game it's a little overwhelming. I'm sure I will have to play it a few more time to really appreciate it all the little details.

True, i'm on my third playthru and i only started playing the game on saturday! It's one of the very, very few games i just want to suck dry, play on every difficulty and find all the secrets - the other being R&C which didn't take that long really...

I love the god rays in that game, especially since the sun isn't the only source of light that casts them: from treasure boxes to torches to the heavy attacks of your blades - everything casts volumetric light.

I love the god rays in that game, especially since the sun isn't the only source of light that casts them: from treasure boxes to torches to the heavy attacks of your blades - everything casts volumetric light.

I noticed that too (on my second play!) and... is it volumetric lighting?? i thought that stuff was way too much for today's hardware? i see it a whole lot.

Back