god of war 2: real-time cutscenes or captures?

inlimbo

Newcomer
i've assumed that most of the first's god of war's "in-game" cutscenes are just video files that were rendered off before hand using either a real-time cutscene engine or an animation program using real-time assets. the reasoning being to save players from the loading times that real-time cutscenes usually suffer from, or whatever other reason. however, when i first saw video of the gow2 demo, it seemed liked all cutscenes were running real-time. now that i'm playing said demo, aside from the obvious real-time portions, the cutscenes seem to have the same captured look of the first game's.

so i'm wondering if anyone knows one way or the other about either game's cutscenes.

just to clarify, i didn't meant the high-end pre-rendered movies of the first, but the other half that used purely in-game assets.

Are there any vsync issues with the demo? Does PS2 have vsync? I've been hearing reports of this.

GoW had problems with vsync (horizontal wavy line in the middle once in a while is the best way i can describe it) and i heard the same issue is in GoW2. it wasn't that bad in GoW1 though.

the demo has no vsync, so screen tearing is apparent in a few spots, but i'd say it's nothing to worry about.

Back