God of War 2 hits 1 million pre-orders

It's incredible for any console, especially for a last-gen console.

its also incredible to see that we don't see many million seller these days ;)

It's not like those ~115m PS2 owners just stopped using their systems since the next gen came along you know. :)

Now if GoW2 had 1 million preorders on the Xbox, 360, GC, Wii, PS3, or any other console where the install base is relatively minute, then I'd be impressed. But I just don't see the hubbub here given the install base of the PS2. I bet that many publishers will find success on PS2 in the following years while PS3 and 360 maintain their high prices.

But thats just the pre-orders

;)

Ya, I know. It'll probably end up around 5 million or so sold by the time it's all said and done at this rate. Great # in and of itself, but still, a drop in the bucket to the overall PS2 install base.

That's the only point I was making. hehe.

It's not like those ~115m PS2 owners just stopped using their systems since the next gen came along you know. :)

Now if GoW2 had 1 million preorders on the Xbox, 360, GC, Wii, PS3, or any other console where the install base is relatively minute, then I'd be impressed. But I just don't see the hubbub here given the install base of the PS2. I bet that many publishers will find success on PS2 in the following years while PS3 and 360 maintain their high prices.

Ya, I know. It'll probably end up around 5 million or so sold by the time it's all said and done at this rate. Great # in and of itself, but still, a drop in the bucket to the overall PS2 install base.

That's the only point I was making. hehe.

You do realize those preorders are just for the US right? I'm pretty sure there aren't anywhere near 115m PS2s sold in America. A million preorders is very impressive for any game on any console, much more so in one that was released more than 6 years ago. How many preorders do Xbox or Gamecube games get lately? ;)

You do realize those preorders are just for the US right? I'm pretty sure there aren't anywhere near 115m PS2s sold in America. A million preorders is very impressive for any game on any console, much more so in one that was released more than 6 years ago. How many preorders do Xbox or Gamecube games get lately? ;)

Even taking that into account its still like an xbox360 game having 150,000 preorders. Which for preorders is still really good.

Back