God of War 2 hits 1 million pre-orders

Thats awesome and I think it deserves everyone of them. Can't wait it this week. I'm really disappointed that they won't do a midnight launch for this game. I mean it's arguably the biggest last gen game of the year. I'm not sure on the standards to allow a game to have a midnight launch but GOW2 should definitely have one. I guess being in the middle of the week has something to do with that?

Right on! :D

Im really angry that Sony isnt marketing the product well enough though. I have yet seen a commercial for it on tv(and on the internet aswell) and its only days till release :???:

Maybe they'll market the game after it comes out? :|

Not advertising enough?? I've seen the commercial quite a few times on several different occasions (quite awesome really). I've seen internet ads all over the regular gaming websites. In ebgames when I went to pick up motorstorm there was GOW2 stuff all over the place. Additional to them giving a free demo with the preorder. In the new EGM with ratchet and clank theres a 4 page spread (i guess you can call it pages) fold out ad. Phil even threw in a shameless plug for the game when he demonstrated Home. ;)

Not advertising enough?? I've seen the commercial quite a few times on several different occasions (quite awesome really). I've seen internet ads all over the regular gaming websites. In ebgames when I went to pick up motorstorm there was GOW2 stuff all over the place. Additional to them giving a free demo with the preorder. In the new EGM with ratchet and clank theres a 4 page spread (i guess you can call it pages) fold out ad. Phil even threw in a shameless plug for the game when he demonstrated Home. ;)

Does it really have a tv commercial?

I guess im just watching the wrong time and wrong channels then :LOL:

^Same reply for online ads :|

The instore advertising and magazines was a given, geez how can I forget that one :mad:

I should've just made my original statement to "I have yet to see a tv commercial for the game yet *period*". Too late now :cry:

The instore advertising and magazines was a given, geez how can I forget that one :mad:

I should've just made my original statement to "I have yet to see a tv commercial for the game yet *period*". Too late now :cry:
Nah it's no biggie. I don't watch too much tv, but I've actually caught it a couple times. I don't remember exactly how it plays out but it was a CG (like the cut scenes in the game) commercial with Kratos staring at gods looking back at him in forms of clouds, and then it cut into the real-time game play clips.

nope, never :LOL:
Thats unfortunate, you should try to find a way to check them out. Well worth it imo.

I don't watch tv that often either, but i have seen the commercial many times. Its awesome...

OK, so give the developers their bonuses and a month off.

Then crack the whip to get GOW3 for the PS3 going.

Edge gave GOW2 a 7. I'm not buying it now ;)

That's their originality clause. An unoriginal game can never get more than an 8, right? Or did they lower that cap even further recently? ;)

Thats awesome and I think it deserves everyone of them. Can't wait it this week. I'm really disappointed that they won't do a midnight launch for this game. I mean it's arguably the biggest last gen game of the year. I'm not sure on the standards to allow a game to have a midnight launch but GOW2 should definitely have one. I guess being in the middle of the week has something to do with that?

There's a midnight launch in the Playstation Store at the Metreon.

Back