Ggnnhh, my favorite DVD store has gone BANKRUPT!

Guden Oden

Legend
WTF!

They were always doing brisk business whenever I was there, I can't understand how they could have messed up their economy so bad. IDIOTS! Now I have to find somewhere else to shop where the prices are decent.

Most places only carry a very limited assortment of movies, like, the 20 most popular titles or something like that. This place had like, everything. I know of only one other place which had a similar range of titles and last I was there (years ago) they were EXPENSIVE. Hopefully it has changed, but I can't be certain.

AAGGGHHHHHHHH, this SUCKS!

Oh well, they're having a clearance sale next week at least, maybe I can snag some nice deals. Something good might come out of it...

I' find webhallen.com to be pretty good, but they don't have a store in gothenburg, only in stockholm. Decent selection and great service though.

No walmarts yet, thank grud. Their business model wouldn't be viable here anyway as it's illegal to pay employees that little in this country. :D

Went to the opening of the clearance sale today. 30% off today and tomorrow, 40% off wednesday/thursday and 50% off friday/saturday. Didn't really find anything worth buying. Well, a bunch of second-choice titles that I was considering once but picked something else instead. Many of those are golden oldies like The Firm, Sneakers, Jackie Brown special edition and other stuff, but I didn't feel like buying any with "only" 30% off. Will go there friday and see what's left, I should be able to find something worth buying cheaply.

how about... you know... just don't watch movies? Or, just watch whatever you get free on the tele.

Guden Oden said:
Why? :D I have 130+ DVD titles, all original. If money wasn't a concern, it would be at least 3x that amount, probably 4.

why!?!?!?!?!? and WHY then do you need to rent MORE!?!?!

Why not? Movies are cool, that's all the motivation I need.

You wonder why I'm not simply pirating my movies instead and save a ton of dosh? Well, for starters I want best possible picture and sound, and who the F knows who's transcoded a movie downloaded off the web or if he knows what the hell he's doing when setting the parameters for the conversion process. It might even be a screener, BLECCCHHH.

And also, I never rent movies. Ever.

Guden Oden said:
Why not? Movies are cool, that's all the motivation I need.

You wonder why I'm not simply pirating my movies instead and save a ton of dosh? Well, for starters I want best possible picture and sound, and who the F knows who's transcoded a movie downloaded off the web or if he knows what the hell he's doing when setting the parameters for the conversion process. It might even be a screener, BLECCCHHH.

And also, I never rent movies. Ever.

no, I wouldnt even waste the bandwidth to pirate movies. i dont get why people spend so much time and money watching movies... i watch maybe 3 movies a year. and never the same movie over again, what's the point if you've already seen it? I watch television maybe once or twice a week but only if I'm REALLY bored. i used to watch movies on TV if one happened to be comming on but now that I don't have cable or satellite there seems to be even less worth watching.

Back