Geforce NV50 Canceled [Inq]

Domell said:
sorry for threee messages in row..but my computer goes insane:p

I think the web site glitched because I saw some weird stuff happen a moment ago as well. Anyways I removed the extra posts...carry on :)

jb said:
I think the web site glitched because I saw some weird stuff happen a moment ago as well. Anyways I removed the extra posts...carry on :)

d'oh! now you've made me look stupid, jb

Sage said:
d'oh! now you've made me look stupid, jb

Naw I posted after you so and you were right..there were extra post there...see everyone is right... :) Ok I'll stop..some one must have spiked my eggnog :)

wireframe said:
Unknown Soldier said:
Is it possible that Nvidia found out some results from the R520 and realised that the NV40 would not be up to scratch (ala NV30 and R300) and so decided to cancel the project.

I suppose so, but it is equally possible that Nvidia realized NV50 was far too advanced in comparison to R520 and that there was no reason to release such a powerful chip into the market when it can be left for later (to maximize profits). You know, how ATI decided it didn't need to spend so much on R&D, but could compete by upping the frequency of the core with R420 and could leave the original R400 tech for a later date. Milking, I believe is the terms when viewed from the pointy end of the shaft. ;)

I find it amusing that people are speculating on a speculation of a cancellation of a product that they don't even know what it is. I like a good theory, but don't we need a little more to go on than we have? So far the best info from this thread has been the bringing out of the importance of the DX/WGF shift and how this may have impacted hardware roadmaps. Then again, I am not sure how to consolidate this with the fact that DX has been evolving and MS is notorious for delayed release dates. What's new?

I agree with what you are saying, but there wouldn't be much reason to post on any of these forums if we didn't speculate on the speculation!! :LOL:

Back