Gears of War - Reviews

Hi guys... A question about MP part of the game: Is there a way to turn on game-tags of your team mates? It is not easy to coordinate with some guys you just meet a moment ago on ranked matches. Seeing at least their gametags will ease this, but I am not sure even there is an option to do that.

Btw, happy thanksgiving to all USers :)

Yesterday I went a bought a 360 and one game, Gears of War. I enjoy the game, sure the whole duck and cover can be repetetive, but I find it a lot more realistic then strafe jumping.

Running it on my HD LCD Tv and it looks gorgeous.

The only complaint that I have so far about the 360 and this is really it, is that it only playes WMVs or MPEG1 and 2 off WMCE. Hopefully this will get updated sooner rather then later. DivX XviD and MKV would be nice extensions to play.

Problem with getting a game as pretty as GeOW is that you get used to the eye candy and expect the rest of the games to have an acceptable level of quality. Look forward to the future of gaming.

Problem with getting a game as pretty as GeOW is that you get used to the eye candy and expect the rest of the games to have an acceptable level of quality. Look forward to the future of gaming.

As I found out when playing FEAR Extraction Point (afterGeoW) and thinking how amazingly old and primitive it looked. Ughh!

I finished the game yesterday(all in coop mode), and I was wondering, why some cutscenes are real time and others are video which look like done with the game engine ?

Loading issues most likely. That one with Raam in the begining after you hook up with Alpha for instance has a fairly large map with a big battle going on. Could also be FPS issues, who knows.

Loading issues most likely. That one with Raam in the begining after you hook up with Alpha for instance has a fairly large map with a big battle going on. Could also be FPS issues, who knows.

I think that's the first game in which i prefer real time cutscenes, because they look sharper than the videos :D

The only complaint I have about the game is it's way too short !
When is the next chapter supposed to come out ?

Judging by the amount of artwork in Gears, I'd say we'll get to see a part II in about 3 years. I think it's pretty much a certainty by now that there's gonna be more games.

Part III may or may not make it to the X720 launch.
I'd say Epic had to expand to have a second team working on R&D for GOW3 and even start the production before completing part II to be able to make it.

So, after literally multiple attemps (read: 100+) I finally beat General RAAM on Hardcore and all by my lonesome, its on to Insane now. I really love Gears...and I'm neither good at shooters nor are they my preferred genre.

Let me know if you need a good strategy for beating General RAAM on Insane. I've already done it in Solo mode.

Judging by the amount of artwork in Gears, I'd say we'll get to see a part II in about 3 years. I think it's pretty much a certainty by now that there's gonna be more games.

Part III may or may not make it to the X720 launch.
I'd say Epic had to expand to have a second team working on R&D for GOW3 and even start the production before completing part II to be able to make it.
I have a feeling that part2 will be ready for christmas 2008.They have the engine perfected on the 360 and the basic elements in place(settings ,characters).All they need is a new story,create some new levels,polish the gameplay a bit(although it was very polished,they could add something,i don't know what) and you have your sequel.

Back