Gears of War 2: All Fronts Collection

July 28?

Understandable I suppose given the single player chapter. Hopefully a new title update is also coming around that time too. TU3 saved the multiplayer for me, but there's still a number of things that need to be addressed.

That's a lot of new Horde maps! Hopefully the chapter has some decent lenght to it. So for $20 I get all the previously released map packs, 7 new maps, custom theme, and SP content? Do I have that right?

Last edited by a moderator:
I will probably get it.
$20 for 7 maps and a new chapter (hopefully a meaningful one) and added goodies may be worth it.

They should it offer it via LIVE at a reduced cost (say for $15-17).

That's a lot of new Horde maps!

Indeed! Now if only we could get those other guys away from Halo 3...

They should it offer it via LIVE at a reduced cost (say for $15-17).

Yeah that's pretty crappy online pricing that they did considering one doesn't even get the custom theme or poster. A choice for just the single-player chapter would have been nice too, as DrJay is pointing out. :/

Apparently the retail version is not a disc. So it'll either be a bunch of codes, one code per map pack and the chapter, or one code? After its release, people with the existing map packs could gift/sell those codes they don't need, but... at that point... why not just get the whole thing.

I'm always down for some Horde . . . or even co-op SP. I would like to someday complete all 50 levels of Horde, but it's nearly impossible in public Horde because people get bored and quit.

I'm always down for some Horde . . . or even co-op SP. I would like to someday complete all 50 levels of Horde, but it's nearly impossible in public Horde because people get bored and quit.

I'm down for that either friday or saturday night for 1 thru 50:smile:

Cool. I'm playing in a golf tournament Friday morning, so I plan to stay home and rest that evening. Hopefully the rest of the crew can make it too . . . or even a few of those Gamersyde pansies who never show up for our Halo battles. :)

I'm looking forward to the new maps and the bonus SP Mission.

However, the pricing is an insult to those who already spent $20 - $25 on the previous map packs when they came out. The new content online DLC shouldn't be more than $10. Ideally, they will be multiple redemption codes, so I can buy the retail item and sell off / gift the prior map packs.

Has anyone else given this DLC a go?

It's good to know you picked it up. Any others going to give it a go?

I'll send you an invite next time we're hording it up. I'm usually out there with a coworker or two ... usually playing/doing stupid things all good fun. :) We were having a heck of a time getting past level 48 on Allfathers Garden. For Horde, I think I like Nowhere the best followed by Memorial.

The deleted campaign went surprisingly quick choosing the stealth approach.

:) Sounds good. I miiight be able to get one or two friends to join in, but they're usually on the competitive side of it.

I'm excited to see all the new maps on horde though - I have a lot of catching up to do there since I've only played on the flashback pack out of the 19 DLC.

Yeah, there wasn't much to the chapter... stealth was just Dom holding your hand. :LOL:

Back