Gears of War 12min Xboxyde

it's only the multiplayer...

I'm only worried about the Hamer of Dawn (satellite laser) might be cheap but it looks like it takes a long time to target an area so it probably won't be something you use without good, cooperating team mates.

It's optional. If you don't want it in Multiplayer you don't have to have it. Personally I love to have that one overpowered weapon because it adds tension as to which team can get it first and if the other team has it you have to work together inorder to take him out.

Wow, that does look insane. I like the delay, which seems balanced. Kind of a sitting duck, thus you need a couple teammates to cover you... also prone to being sniped. Looks like Epics MP polish rubbed off on GOW.

Btw, aliasing seems minimal which is nice. Thanks a lot to the lost constrast palette for sure. This game is super gory though, which I think is right up the alley of young men. Digging the water effects.

AWESOME
seems the video from the final code are finally here :D just can't wait... only TWO WEEKS to Emergency day

It looks great!

...although I did spot some strange stuff going on with the smoke in one of the movies.

/nitpick

3 HD Videos from a new mp level.

im1dr0.jpg

And there are those rain shaders again. Looks amazing!

Last edited by a moderator:
It's optional. If you don't want it in Multiplayer you don't have to have it. Personally I love to have that one overpowered weapon because it adds tension as to which team can get it first and if the other team has it you have to work together inorder to take him out.
Oh. Yeah I hope it feels good in multiplayer matches. It can only be used in a few spots well anyways.

Those vids look great streamed to my 360. :) Really give a feel for what the game will look like on my 37" Westinghouse :)

Although I am concerned about 'Roadie Run' Motion Sickness.

MoH

These new vids (there are now 12 on gametrailers) are truly incredible!

http://www.gametrailers.com/gamepage.php?fs=1&id=1650

However, as it last week till release it is getting to that spoil the game point like I knew would happen. So I'm trying not to watch all these vids or anything. But like Nintenho said, it's still only multi-player. I will refuse to watch any new singleplayer vids especially boss fights until release.
________
Sweetangelx1

These new vids (there are now 12 on gametrailers) are truly incredible!

http://www.gametrailers.com/gamepage.php?fs=1&id=1650

However, as it last week till release it is getting to that spoil the game point like I knew would happen. So I'm trying not to watch all these vids or anything. But like Nintenho said, it's still only multi-player. I will refuse to watch any new singleplayer vids especially boss fights until release.

well these are all multiplayer videos and don't show anything new. Epic and MS have been really careful to only show certain parts of the game. we've yet to see any boss battle videos and I don't think we will until the game is in gamers hands.

well these are all multiplayer videos and don't show anything new. Epic and MS have been really careful to only show certain parts of the game. we've yet to see any boss battle videos and I don't think we will until the game is in gamers hands.

Huh? They show a lot of new levels, at least.

And some of the weapons I cant recall being seen before (hammer of dawn), as well as, just a lot of nuances like curbstomp, the death/revive sequences, etc. Are you sure you're looking at the right vids?
________
Web Shows

Huh? They show a lot of new levels, at least.

And some of the weapons I cant recall being seen before (hammer of dawn), as well as, just a lot of nuances like curbstomp, the death/revive sequences, etc. Are you sure you're looking at the right vids?

THe mansion? it's a multiplayer level we already knew about and saw in screen shots a while ago. we heard about the weapons in multiplayer, and already knew all abut teh cubstomp and death/revive. yes I'm looking at the right vids. perhaps you haven't been paying close attention to the videos released thus far, but these new videos haven't really showed anything new.

THe mansion? it's a multiplayer level we already knew about and saw in screen shots a while ago. we heard about the weapons in multiplayer, and already knew all abut the cubstomp and death/revive. yes I'm looking at the right vids. perhaps you haven't been paying close attention to the videos released thus far, but these new videos haven't really showed anything new.

If by new you mean written about. I dont consider written about (vaguely) to be shown.

Btw maybe I'm wrong, but I assumed these vids are not Epic approved but are from a build "out in the wild".

That's what's going to be a problem in the final week..people who get hold of the game early and release vids. The pre-release strategy guide has apparantly already been a small spoiler issue on the official forums.
________
Ocean View Condominium

Those vids look great streamed to my 360. :) Really give a feel for what the game will look like on my 37" Westinghouse :)

Although I am concerned about 'Roadie Run' Motion Sickness.

MoH

I did the same thing - streamed all 12 of the 720p videos to my 360 and watched on the HT. Looks nice, but I had the same concern. Roadie Run does, indeed, look sickness inducing. Guess only those with stronger stomachs will be doing much running.

GoW looks great ! Everything is very detailed, and support each other (e.g., Large characters + high res texture, beautiful art + good lighting + environmental audio + narration + almost seamless cut-scenes/scripted sequences, fighting in built-up area + revival sequence, etc. ...). As a result, the gameplay seems in-depth. The gore will work in the western world too.

I'm travelling in Singapore now and MS has set up an "Emergence Day" booth area in Funan Center (one of the 2 malls people shop for electronic stuff). There are 4 LCD screens playing GoW in 4 corners (facing diagonally outward). They are doing some sort of count down... So it seems that the marketing effort is global.

That's assuming the local store can get it on the shelves in one day from wherever they ship the darn things from.

I have no hard facts on this, nor have I yet asked my local, but it seems most internet talk I'm hearing is gamestops will have them on the 8th, some even on the 7th. I'm not too worried about that. Overnight air freight, ladies.

I think the actual factory is in Washington state, for whatever that's worth (supposedly closer locations get it faster).

Btw, all those awesome new gametrailers vids are gone :(

I dont know how people can look at vids like these and there first thought is "the roadie run looks dizzying" or whatever. It's just like in the Motorstorm thread some people's first comments are like "the cars look too floaty". I'm kind of like, who cares? it's like no matter how far you're pushing the graphics, some people will completely ignore them and focus on trivial things, sort of missing the forest for the trees imo.

That said, the roadie run does look annoying :)

Wait the actual vid links still remain even if they're not on the gametrailers page. For now..busy trying to save them all.
________
DevMichaels cam

I have no hard facts on this, nor have I yet asked my local, but it seems most internet talk I'm hearing is gamestops will have them on the 8th, some even on the 7th. I'm not too worried about that. Overnight air freight, ladies.

:rolleyes: right... how many cities and stores? Gamestop doesn't exist everywhere. I'm sure you realize that. Like I said, it depends on the local store, lady.

wowzers, those vids are incredible - i can't believe it looks that good in multiplayer! And it's not just a pretty face either, the game actually looks fun to me which is a great relief...

As for the roadie run I like it - it acts as a nice balance, you can sprint fast but you won't be able to see as much detail....

but then i don't get motion sickness

I havent been this pumped for a conslie game in years... (im 30 btw).

So much that I shelled out alot of cash for a xbox360 and the new samsung 46" 1080p lcd tv, just for gears! that about $5.5k where I live.

Back