GE done, what degree in 2 years?

The549

Regular
I come back to this site to begin my re-geekification. :)

I'm coming back from lots of time off of college to travel and do things that give real life experience...I now have the drive to graduate and am totally motivated, yet there are so many road blocks in front of the degree I want to pursue (music industry/recording arts) that they're telling me it'll take 3 additional years even though I have all GE done this semester.

I've always been a quick learner and am good at math, but does anyone have any experience in switching degrees or especially switching to a technical degree from one that isn't (or isn't AS technical)?

I've realized that I've always been good at electronics so I was thinking of an EE or CS degree. It'll probably take 3 years, but it will have 1000 times better job opportunities than Audio Engineering, which is WAAY more fun but can be done on the side, or integrated.
Any opinions?
thanks!

And that's not a unique example.

Like I said I've already done recording on my own (mmmm multitracking :) :) :) ), but the yob opportunities....mb I'll add a CS class this semester.

Definitely not a unique example. I almost studied music but switched to electronics after looking at the employment statistics. Oh well.

Back