Gamestop preorders

Tap In said:
correction, update

they now have created a list in chronological order and have backed off the statement of "all will be filled" and have broken them down to a firm number (he wouldn't say how many) but that at #15 on the list, that I am IN. :D

Anyone beyond the firm number get subsequent shipments.

Congratz Tap In :)

NucNavST3 said:
See if the CompUSA store around you has a business sales department, and see if they will put the prepay in for you. The business sales department and the retail department are two very different entities all residing in one building...right hand meet left hand, 'nuff said. Here is the sku: 334950
As an aside, the business sales department is the only one left in CompUSA that is on commission, the benefit of shopping with the business guys is "preferred pricing" aka discounts, so if there is say 35% markup on something (cables and accessories) maybe you get it at 16%-20something%, you do NOT have to own a business to shop with them...the downside is because hardware is usually under cost, you are not going to have someone break their back to find something for you (depending on the person).
Don't automatically shoot down the TAP (service plan) some are good, some are worthless. Having service basically helps you "massage the system" (e.g. always by TAP on a printer, after a year and a half, tell them its broken and get yourself a new one (not saying I ever suggested that:cool:))
Cool, thanks for the info. It kinda sucks I just realized if I want to preorder from the Retail side I might miss out because I have an Army Reserve commitment potenitally during that time frame. So I might have to mill about smartly to go to the local CompUSA to preorder it but I'll try the Business Services first today when my car gets back.

So I just have to get the SKU numbers of the things I want and prepay the business services? Amazing.

Hey jvd, I've read on a couple of different forums that a lot of Gamestops just found out yesterday that their already hurtin' first shipments would be cut EVEN FURTHER, and that even some people who already got the call ( the good one) would now be SOL. Any truth to this?

UPDATE:

I was riding home on the bus when I received a call on my cell phone. The call came from an 800 number and when I answered it was a prerecorded message from Gamestop. the Robot told me that "due to limited quantities of of Xbox 360, preorders will be fulfilled for those who made it by the cut off date." It went on to say that I will not be getting it launch day but I would definately get one before Xmas. This news broke my heart.:cry: But not too badly, because I've been working on a plan to drive to my home and get it from the local Target or CompUSA.

When I got home though, I refused to believe that all and made a call to the Gamestop I preordered from to get a solid answer. The girl who worked their picked up and I asked her about news of preorders only being fulfilled by those who did it before a certain cut off date. I told her I preordered on the 26th of May and what the cut off date was for their store if it isn't Gamestop-wide. She asked me for my name and found my preorder.

She told me that I WILL GET THE FIRST SHIPMENT! :D That they will be open Midnight on Monday for me to pick up and for sure I will get my Premium SKU. That damn robot lied to me! I would rather take HUMINT over any other form of intelligence!

She was a lot more smarter than the other guy who worked there who I always answered my calls in the past, he seemed to not know what day of the week it was when I talked to him. Another thing too was that I didn't preorder any games or a controller and she said that if I make it in before 9 PM I can get it because there's still room. But right before I called her my roommate left with the car keys and it's still parked right outside! :oops: Urge to hotwire rising! But too late now.

So now I'll just have to go there tomorrow morning to do the preorders and pay for my stuff in full as well while I'm at it. I had planned to drive 2 hours to get to my home and wait outside the Target, bow I just have to drive 20 minutes to the Gamestop and I can take it home for some gaming goodness. I also planned to talk about my whole ordeal at Toastmasters meeting Tuesday and have my 360 there as visual aid. :LOL:

JVD, thanks a whole bunch for the great info and hope everyone else who's getting an Xbox 360 has good luck on their endeavors!

I just got my notice from gamestop that Im #1 on the second shipment list (not kidding saw the list) : / Only way Im going to get it on launch day is if someone cancels their preorder. (manager thinks I have about a 70% chance of getting one with the numbers of the first shipment. yeh right lol) They are getting 30-35 premiums. Sure glad I made backup plans !

By the way I do have a question. Gamestop has to hold the consoles for 48hrs for preorders but that falls into the Thanksgiving Day time period. So actually carry over to 72hrs is that correct? I would like to know if Gamestop is basicly doing a 72hr. preorder hold then?

Sure would hate to have to wait till say Friday (lose the long weekend) to get my 360 because someone couldnt come up with the $$ to pay for it earlier. Mine is paid in full so either way but you know how it goes. I want mine now :)

DemoC you get access to one yet?

Depending on your store they may choose to do a 8pm pick up time .

Meaning you have either midnight at the 22nd to 1am or 10am the 22nd to the 23rd at 8pm

That is what my gamestop will be doing

Spoke with my Gamestop today and they told me that I can stop by on Wednesday 23rd(technically 48r period before Thanksgiving Holiday) around 8pm and if they had any that I would indeed get one. Also if anyone called states they cannot pay at launch or want to pickup their system on Friday I would indeed get it on launch day. (I only need on person to cancel or push confirm Friday so I have my fingers crossed :) I would rather be 5 names into the second shipment down NOT to get it on launch day then first. Talk about the old saying "figures just my luck". :)

On a side note the gamestore stated they had alot of people who dropped their July, August reservation and stating they will get it a Walmart or other big outlet. I think many of them will be sorry they did that if they are not willing to camp out for one. :)

Picked up my 2 games and wireless controller today. JVD you heard anything about shortages on "wired Controllers" , VGA connectors, recharge battery packs? I was advised that these were reserve only as well?

jpr27 said:
On a side note the gamestore stated they had alot of people who dropped their July, August reservation and stating they will get it a Walmart or other big outlet. I think many of them will be sorry they did that if they are not willing to camp out for one. :)

The smart thing to do would be to leave $50-$60 down on the 360 at Gamestop and if they get one someplace else just transfer the money to a game purchase.

Back