GameSpot's Best and Worst of 2005 awards

I can't believe they didn't have F.E.A.R. listed under "Most gratuitous swearing". Are those other games really worse than that or did they simply forget?

Their choices:
The Getaway: Black Monday (PlayStation 2)
Killer7 (PlayStation 2, GameCube)
NARC (PlayStation 2, Xbox)
The Suffering: Ties That Bind (PlayStation 2, Xbox)
True Crime: New York City (PlayStation 2, Xbox, GameCube)

wireframe said:
I can't believe they didn't have F.E.A.R. listed under "Most gratuitous swearing". Are those other games really worse than that or did they simply forget?
FEAR had swearing in it? I really didn't notice. :oops:

Ah, the end of the year doth approach and the end-o-year articles begin to appear...time to get busy on me list.

Can you beat Killer7? Literally every single time you'd shoot a bad guy in his sweet spot (which was most of the times), you'd here "Aaaahhh...you're f*cked!" "F*ck you!" if you were playing with Con or Coyote.

I can't belive they claimed Far Cry is better on the Xbox. I mean it is a good Xbox game for the most part, but the PC version is a whole nother world.

Eh Far Cry on the PC just spoiled me. Once I went to trying the xbox versions I was underwealmed (although does look great given its the Xbox). Thats what i get for playing games on PC first lol. With the 360 and PS3 I should be ok for the next 2yrs or so but man this $60 game price is really not worth it. I believe in progress, cost etc. but games are not really justifying the price tag especially if you dont have an online component. (I do have Xbox 360 with live so it works ok but still).

I agree with the FEAR comment. I didnt realize the prophanity so I guess Ill have to play it again or wait for the next gen console version :) (They are developing one right?)

While overt out-of-place in game advertising and product placement isn't a good thing, and the 'Massive St(r)eaming (pile of ****) Ad System' deployed by VU and others are, IMO, spyware; wouldn't it have been more prudent to choose a 'bigger' game with that tech than SWAT 4 as a nominee? SC: Chaos Theory, for example, should have a much larger installed base, and I'm sure there are others.

kyleb said:
I can't belive they claimed Far Cry is better on the Xbox. I mean it is a good Xbox game for the most part, but the PC version is a whole nother world.

This happends all the time with my friends also. When i played HL2, FarCry but worst Doom3. Im like "that looks like shit" compared to the "real" D3 but they just "what? the gameplay?". Sad but yet sooo fun.. :)

I'm not talking about the graphics though, but rather the gameplay. I expected to see some of the wide open spaces ways to aproach each objective with hoards of AI interacting naturally with the enviroment untill they are alerted to your presence and at which point fan out an flank like they are actually trying to out whit you. Granted, I expected that all to be scaled back from what the PC version offers considering the hardware of the Xbox, but nstead I found mostly a coridor shooter that has ravines instead of hallways and AI that spawns around corners and likes to stick their heads out into fire.

The mention of graphics brings up another problem I have with GameSpots picks; how the hell can a game be worthy of nomination to game of the year if it doesn't have vsync

Back