Games randomly minimizing

go in windows service page, and try put all you dont need in off: ( they wakeup only when the appliccation is opened, no delay or whatever )..

Also, check if it can come from a driver ( USB headset, soundcard etc )....

Anyway, when its happend, i can imagine there should be a log in the evenement of windows ( a service who start or a driver etc ).

To be anal about spelling/grammar etc. I'll say it's more about a "helper program" in the systray than the driver per se. And I have trouble believing the audio vendors would pull this crap but why not. Can stuff even pop up while you're watching a movie?

I'm glad I'm running linux. Never had such an issue in Windows, but I left it around 2009 (when I had a very strong malware infection from russian mafia under XP)

Ooooh it just happened again and I noticed a message in the system tray saying "your computer's performance is slow". Clicking it revealed a suggestion to change the Windows color scheme to Basic... what a fucking crock.

I swear that message hasn't been there any other time...

sorry i mean killing the audio driver control panel process. It wont mute the sounds. it will just kill the GUI.

so dont kill the audiodg, but the audio cpanel GUI.

can be found by opening the cpanel (double klik on its icon on systray). Run task manager
on application tab, search your cpanel window.
then right click, go to process.

klik end process

did you try the solution of the action center unticking windows trouble shooting
i get the message too but it doesnt make my game minimize

Can you capture a hijackthis log and upload it somewhere we can look at it? pastebin for instance?

Also have you tried disabling Citrix Receiver?

Aha! So it looks like this has been caused by the Citrix Receiver all along.

The last few times it happened, I've checked the Windows Application log and found something called the SelfServicePlugIn has started. Google reveals that this is associated with the Receiver.

Without fail it starts at 12 minutes 35 seconds after the hour and then stops at 13mins 35secs after the hour, every hour. I get the minimization when it starts, but not when it stops.

So that's definitely getting disabled. Piece of shit.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back