Game Cube component cable

Hi, might be a bit late with this one, but I finally got myself a HDTV 82cm LCD tv. I was just wondering if I should bother searching for a GC component cable, (rare), or if regular AC should do the trick. Is there a significant difference in the image quality.

Lastly, will the Wii have component out of the box or will it be separate once again, if it will have it at all?

Make sure your GC has the "Digital AV" port on the back of it. Later revisions had that port removed. It's very much worth it to get the component cable if you can't stand to wait for the Wii, which will also support progressive scan through component cables. I don't know if the Wii will ship with the cable, though. It's quite nice playing the games that support progressive scan on an HDTV, though not all games do, and some that do don't support widescreen.

Edit: I just noticed that you stated your TV size in metric units, which suggests to me that you're not in North America. If you're in Europe, I think you're completely out of luck on the whole progressive scan thing. Save your money for the Wii.

Edit: I just noticed that you stated your TV size in metric units, which suggests to me that you're not in North America. If you're in Europe, I think you're completely out of luck on the whole progressive scan thing. Save your money for the Wii.

With freeloader or similar equipment one can enable 480p on ntsc-games if the game supports it, and to the original poster, I highly recommend using component, I'd say that the difference between 480i and p is as big or even bigger that composite vs RGB depending on the screensize and stuff I have 61" tv and I absolutely refuse to play any interlaced game on it ever again!:)

IIRC, he's Australian, but that's also PAL and metric...

Back