Futuremark: 3DMark06

I have a very odd prediction about 3dm2k6, I predict I will bitch less about it than the two previous ones and I will do my happy geek dance for about 15 minutes when it's finally released. :cool:

digitalwanderer said:
I have a very odd prediction about 3dm2k6, I predict I will bitch less about it than the two previous ones and I will do my happy geek dance for about 15 minutes when it's finally released. :cool:

What exactly did you bitch about with the other ones again?

digitalwanderer said:
Pffft, that's easy. Just click on my username and click "view all posts by poster", it'll explain everything...

:devilish:

Found one about DST - so I'm guessing you didn't like the way it gave Nvidia an unfair advantage. Now we just have to wonder if you're happy because 3dmark06 is a fair battleground or if ATi now has the advantage....hmmmmm.

Last edited by a moderator:
trinibwoy said:
:devilish:

Found one about DST - so I'm guessing you didn't like the way it gave Nvidia an unfair advantage. Now we just have to wonder if you're happy because 3dmark06 is a fair battleground or if ATi now has the advantage....hmmmmm.
I didn't like the way DST was enabled by default even though it wasn't part of the DX9 spec which gave nVidia an advantage, yes.

I have no clue if 3dm2k6 favors ATi/nVidia/Matrox/Intel, nor do I have any idea of how any cards score on it....if that helps narrow down your guessing any. ;)

digitalwanderer said:
I have no clue if 3dm2k6 favors ATi/nVidia/Matrox/Intel, nor do I have any idea of how any cards score on it....if that helps narrow down your guessing any. ;)

Sure you don't....:p Hopefully nobody will need to guess pretty "soon".

IgnorancePersonified said:
wow my machine seesm to playback the teaser jerky! How's it going to handle the benchmark??

I think if it's right what i heard it will run on most machines not-realtime(<10fps)

If there's no dynamic branching in the pixel shaders, then I'll just surmise that Futuremark copped out, once again.

Jawed

Back