Future 360/PS3 Game Libraries?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Breon

Newcomer
I've decided that I'm going the PSWii or Wii60 route this generation. So my choice is going to be made based on the variety of games that will be available for them.

Prior to playing the PS3 I was all bout going with the 360, but lately I've been backtracking a bit. My biggest worries are that if I were to pick up a 360 that there wouldnt be enough variety in the games themselves. The PS2 had a large diverse library of games that were well represented by all genres

It seems like all or most of the "killer aps" on the 360 are all FPS, TPS etc... Now, my questions to you guys are:

Do you see this as a trend that will only expand?

Do you all think the PS3 will retain a nice variety of games representing all genres?

There is no doubt that the "it" games for the 360 look impressive (Lost Planet, Mass Effect, Halo 3, Bio Shock etc..) but aside from slight variations they all seem to be based on the FPS/TPs formats.

Anyone have any opinions on the matter?

Thanks in advance.

Your post is worded innocently enough. But it's essentially a vs thread. I predict rending of cloth and nashing of teeth.

I swear this is in no way meant to be some silly cyclical ****** rubbish of a discussion.

I'm just curious as to what the board in general thought on the matter. This is a pretty big decision that requires adequate research, so I'm trying to gather all that I can.

I swear this is in no way meant to be some silly cyclical ****** rubbish of a discussion.

Your intentions are probably innocent. But predicting the future usually leads to drownings and buring at the stake.

What sort of answers are you expecting to see. They are not going to be factual ones, they will all be conjecture and fabrications weighted with bias.

I am on a page with inefficient on this one. Just look at the release list for both systems and decide for yourself. Nobody else can decide for you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back