FREE Games List [2008-2021]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Battlefield 1 Free Next Week?

Leaker deluxe Tom Henderson tweets a PSA for those interested in Battlefield 1. This is not confirmed, but Tom says buying the World War I first-person shooter this week would be a mistake, since it will be free-to-own next week:

If you're looking to buy Battlefield 1, don't.
It will be free to download next week.

Leaker deluxe Tom Henderson tweets a PSA for those interested in Battlefield 1. This is not confirmed, but Tom says buying the World War I first-person shooter this week would be a mistake, since it will be free-to-own next week:

Thats pretty cool if true. I'll definitely pick it up for the single player (not that I actually have time to play it).

It's free now to Amazon Prime members. And BFV is free from 2nd August.

https://www.dsogaming.com/news/battlefield-1-is-now-available-for-free-on-prime-gaming/

Apparently you get an Origin key (for at least BF1 but probably also BFV), and you need to redeem it within a few weeks (August 20th?). BF1 free til the 4th, so slight overlap with BFV.

That's alongside a bunch of good games included with Prime this month:
gaming.amazon.com/home

Automachef
Batman: The Enemy Within
Portal
RAD
Secret of Monkey Island Special Edition
Tales of Neon Sea
Wanderer: Frankenstein's Creature

And apparently two more LucasArts adventure games in the near future:
Indiana Jones & the Fate of Atlantis (Aug. 1)
Sam & Max Hit the Road (Sept. 1)

Last edited:
Epic Games Store
OnEb1zA.jpg

Epic Games Store
OnEb1zA.jpg
Defense Grid games are probably the best Tower Defense games ever made. I have a friend who completed (100% completion, not a joke, since a small mistake can change the whole game) Defense Grid 2 on 3 devices.

I'm all excited about Train Sim 2 next week. If doesn't represent 20 odd year of evolution since Transport Tycoon I'll be terribly disappointed.

Epic freebies this week: Mothergunship and Train Sim World 2.

Epic freebies next week: A Plague Tale :oops: and Speed Brawl.

Edit: I forgot that Plague Tale is also one of this month's PS+ games, so it's making the rounds. It's similar to Senua in that the mechanics are *slightly* janky/annoying (IMO) but the voice acting and presentation are great (edge to Senua, whose two main VAs were superb). Well worth trying, which I did with both thanks to Game Pass.

Last edited:
Epic freebies next week: A Plague Tale :oops: .

That's awesome, why are they giving this away for free?! Epic have actually given away some pretty amazing games over the last few months, you can quite easily get away with not buying any games at all and still have a constant stream of quality games to play.

I'm just about to fire up last weeks freebie - Defense Grid, which is brilliant.

Ultima Underworld 1 & 2, Syndicate Plus and Syndicate Wars are all free at GOG for another ~27hrs. Slightly annoying that they were announced as leaving GOG at the end of June. You can get giftable copies if you already bought them, or request a refund (technically outside of their 30 day policy) if you’re still bitter about Cyberpunk. ;)
Days not hours ;)

Grab them for free until September 3rd
27d, 06h 41m 27s left

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back